What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
5/5/16 - Morning All.

6.8 - :)

Reactions: 2 people

lorsand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.5 at 9.30 :mad:. I have noticed that over the last week my fasting sugars have been rising??? Last week I was 5.4, 5.8, 5.5, 5.9, then this week I have been 6.0, 6.2, 6.1 and now 6.5. I have not eaten anything different, still on very low carb diet - no fruit, potatoes, rice, pasta, bread or below ground vegetables. I have been to the gym everyday except the bank holiday weekend. I am not on any medication and desperately want to control it by diet and exercise. My weight has reduced slowly from 112 to 107.2 in six weeks. I do cardio 40 mins four days a week and a one hour aquacise class once a week. I am feeling very frustrated, confused and despondent at the minute. Any suggestions my fellow T2ers .... please. I won't do it but I feel that I may as well eat what I want (bread) and go on meds as my Doctor insisted. Sorry feeling very sorry for myself.

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@lorsand - Hi. Your fasting this morning of 6.5 is still within range. At times there is just no explanation for changes in blood sugars. But, if you are stressed then it will increase.:)

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
Thro' the night jumpy leggs and feet ..... bg = 5.5 @ 0400
fbg = 6.8 @ 0605
Oh well.......

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
6/5/16. - Morning.

8.4 - (taking Antibiotics)

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
7.4 today at 7.45am, suffering from a bad cold ( man flu ) but it's keeping me a bit high.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
8.2 - first time in single figures since January.
HI "992947x, welcome to the forum, lots of advice and support on here from lots of friendly people. I was diagnosed in Jan this year too, its good to be in single figures, good luck. :)