What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I've had rough 40 hours after taking part on the Novavax vaccine trial. My blood sugars have finally come down. 5.3 this morning, but I haven't slept much for the last two night.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had rough 40 hours after taking part on the Novavax vaccine trial. My blood sugars have finally come down. 5.3 this morning, but I haven't slept much for the last two night.

Sounds tough @ert are you still on the trial or is it finished now? Hope you can rest up today.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 today when I finally got round to testing. We all overslept so I woke with a jolt when our poor dog barked. Had to get up dressed and out with him in double quick time, no time for anything else - he was desperate.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear that @ert but you are amazing to volunteer, thank you. Hope you start feeling better and get lots of rest. I hope the second vax will not have the same effect. 5.3 is a score I would be happy with any day so well done.

Chriztopher

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
11.1 this morning. Knew the second I woke up thirsty it was up. I joined the others at work in a socially distanced Indian take away last night and obviously under counted the carbs

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3