What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

A

asparagusp

Wish I knew my reading... I got a meter yesterday and I tested this morning and have had 4 different readings 7.6, 8.1,7.9 and 8. (I was diagnosed on 30 September with an HbA1c reading of 51.7%) Sorry to be a nuisance, but is it normal to have different reading like this?

Cally

Yes normal! The numbers are very close. What meter do you have?

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
13.1 this morning.... Still waiting on that ambulance!!!

Reactions: Prem51

stewpot65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars.
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you. I was 9.8mmol this morning high i know but getting better for me after being a lot higher.

A

asparagusp

I'm lucky. Two meters plus strips thanks to the NHS. That one, the Glucolab gives me high readings and the other, Acucheck Aviva gives me at leat two point less, does my head in! I only use the second one to cheer myself up when need be!

Last edited by a moderator:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
8.1 at 5am and 9.9 (!!!!) at 6am with only a black sugar free coffee in the interim. Ate nothing after that and it was down to 7.6 at 8am. Any explanations please? T2 on Metformin only.
Sounds like dawn phenomenon or DP. Very common in type 2 diabetes. Did you exercise after 9.9 reading?

Shoki we have been asked to limit posting on this thread to just our readings but there are other threads on the forum menu to ask questions. You may try reading what has already been posted there. I have learned a lot that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
140 or 7.7, this morning. :)High last night after dinner 10.6. I ate too much yesterday and did very little exercise. My range is narrowing again though.

shoki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sounds like dawn phenomenon or DP. Very common in type 2 diabetes. Did you exercise after 9.9 reading?

Shoki we have been asked to limit posting on this thread to just our readings but there are other threads on the forum menu to ask questions. You may try reading what has already been posted there. I have learned a lot that way.
Thank you. No I didn't exercise - deliberately, just to fathom what was going on! Very enigmatic the readings can be!

Reactions: Prem51 and SWUSA_