What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke up at 4.30 am wth a clammy back and took twi readings, 6.0/5.2 and when I got up at 8.30, four hours later, my back was still clammy and the reading was 6.6.

Do I assume it's either the Dawn Phenomenon or the Somogyi Effect again?

I think your are better than any other to judge that... it is difficult to know when you also have insuline types combined into the whole picture,.... but I think it looks like a very common dawn phenomenon...

Reactions: SWUSA_
A

asparagusp

I think your are better than any other to judge that... it is difficult to know when you also have insuline types combined into the whole picture,.... but I think it looks like a very common dawn phenomenon...

No idea! I am collating last month's readings to forward to the nurse. Poor her!

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
7.8 or 140 mg/dl fasting (2nd toujeo reading) :)
9.3 or 167 mg/dl 1 hour after dinner, no walk (to check range)
6.5 or 117 mg/dl 5 hours after dinner
8.0 or 145 mg/dl fasting (had small snack after evening reading-117 is the official reading where I am supposed to have small snack at night but with my DP it is bringing my fasting BG too high) I will test again tonight 2 hours after dinner and not have snack unless BG is 100 or under. I will test around 2-3am again to make sure I am not going to low in the night. All this testing is using a lot of strips.

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
10.1. Blood sugars keep going up think it may be due to stress,or worrying too much.
Thanks, no it is directly related to physician lowering insulin dose and switching me to toujeo. Thanks for your guess though.:)

Reactions: Liam1955