What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Why did he switch you to Toujeo?

She said because the toujeo is concentrated (3x more than lantus), I will be injecting less volume of fluid with the same dose and this should help prevent skin problems form developing with continued injections on my abdomen as I lose weight. Thanks for asking.

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
13 (Unlucky for some) :p
Actually my favorite, my birthday. I like the new avatar but did not know this was clothing optional Tuesday.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
back to higher 6.6 :sour::eek::shifty:o_O :depressed:
very stressed all day hardly slept .....standing up al day

yesterday maybe ate to much fruit ...

around 100 grams of carbs :hungover: carbs are still poison to me , proteins only 64........

have a wonderful day everyone <3

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
4.9 this morning.

Reactions: Wurst

Lilliepop

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi.funny thing is I have just started taking my blood glucose this morning after not doing it for a long time and mine was 6.3 and I'm pre diabetic so not good. Mine always used to be high in the morning.

A

asparagusp

How to begin? For the second day in a row I woke up at 4.30 am. I don't remember whether I was clammy again. I took two successive readings which were similar to yesterday, 6.2 and 5.5. 45 minutes later, 7.4. 15 minutes later, 7.2. 1 hour later, 8.0, so I got up and had breakfast of scrambled egg, and a cup of tea, no additional carbohydrates. I tool my medication and went back to bed at 7 am and got up at 11.am and took another reading, 4.5 so I had my usual breakfast/brunch.

I contacted the nurse yesterday with results and there's not a peep so far from her.

BrittleType1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
My usual...HI...:banghead:...But, I only had 3 Lows yesterday rather than 5, so I guess that's good, right?