What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
6.5 fasting that's about the usual for me. I do get the odd 7 but wondered if my meter is ok as it never ventures out of that range regardless what I do the day before. Still taking it in about type 2 and what I should be looking for as to the test readings so love to read these replies with great interest .Lovely topic by the way

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
11.7 this morning last 3 mornings been good all under 6 now I have let myself down again
not to worry there is always tomorrow morning to get back to good readings

4.6 for me which is now my norm - very happy with the number but not so with the forever cold fingers and toes!

Reactions: 4 people

Jackie006

10.0 this morning hey ho my downfall is taking sugars too high before bed diabetic nurse says as long as I am 11 before bed that's fine but on 22 lantus bedtime I would hypo in morning on that

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.9... three highs yesterday after being taken off metformin will it settle down do you think??/

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.9... three highs yesterday after being taken off metformin will it settle down do you think??/
No-one can answer that ...... it might, it might not

Mike