What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Little bit of a shock this morning tested 6.4 tested again 6.6 one visit to the multidisciplinary team at the hospital and I no longer feel in control irrational I know but was totally disturbed by it.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning just thought I would say good morning anyway:)

No test this morning have run out of strips still waiting for them to arrive by post,will get a new meter to day as a back up at the chemists where I can always get refill strips a lot easier;)
When I last ran out I went to the local chemist bought a meter for a fiver that had 10 strips included lasted till new order of strips arrived

Reactions: mo53
A

asparagusp

7.0 on the backup meter which I will use whilst I'm ill! lol Blood test result are back already this morning. My white blood cell count is high so I continue Carbimazole. I have a bacterium infection which has given me my cold and Conjunctivitis

Last edited by a moderator:

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
I know this is a little Off Topic but please feel free to move it if you deem it necessary;)
impatently
Good morning @JohnEGreen and all my other friends,I have been to every chemist 5 in all in my town and they have all stopped selling them as they are saying since last year when the doctor started supplying them,I explained to each shop that the local doctors only supply them if you are type 1, I phoned my doctors surgery and explained my situation to the practice manager and she said has anybody told you to test and I said yes all my friends on this forum,she said I meant the diabetic nurse or your doctor,I said we haven't got a diabetic nurse at this practice she left,but they are replacing her in the near future and my doctor said there is no need to test,I said I am testing to find out what food suits me the best and is within my comfort zone,Oh she said all she can do is to ask the doctor when he is free and she will ring me back,(Yea and pigs might fly)LOL so here I am waiting for either my strips to arrive by Royal Mail or the phone call from my surgery,enjoy your day;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If any one asks me if I have been told to test I say no I choose to as is my right any one has the right to buy a meter and test their blood athletes for instance do it often as part of their training with sports science techniques.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all 5.9 at 7 am
Tried a little Greek Yogurt with 2 strawberries spoon blueberries raspberry and blackberries after evening meal around 7 pm not had much fruit just veg since starting this diet. Needed to find out if it spiked my BG over the 7 BG range.

Last edited: