What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
After a weekend in the Peak District, (snowy and very cold) and climbing Thorpe Cloud, or should I say sliding up and down Thorpe cloud, I've got a throat, sinus congestion thing. Feeling poorly.
A surprising 11.2 this morning!!!higher than the level when I was first diagnosed? Don't get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mo53 and Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
8.8 much higher than wanted but I did have a mixed grill meal last night (first time eating out since diagnosis)
Hi Coopsman I've had same problems this week mine shot upto 10.6 never been 10 anything before but I'm type2, it's not always knowing what's in the food they serve or cook with but I enjoyed the meal out now I have to deal with it.Thats Life
Take care and good luck K

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
After a weekend in the Peak District, (snowy and very cold) and climbing Thorpe Cloud, or should I say sliding up and down Thorpe cloud, I've got a throat, sinus congestion thing. Feeling poorly.
A surprising 11.2 this morning!!!higher than the level when I was first diagnosed? Don't get it.
@LAR Any illness or infection is likely to raise your bs levels. Should reduce again once you get over it.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
14/2 - Morning.

Woke at 4.10am feeling Hungry - checked blood sugar and it was 4.0. (I usually start to go Hypo around 3.8) - so ate 4 Rice Crackers with butter and sliced Brie cheese. :)