What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

igual88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politicians, oysters , anything with more than 4 legs
First time since diagnosis my fasting BG this morning was 6.2 , in past its been as high as 11.
Yesterday was 7.1
Last food intake was 10 pm tested 10 am .
Only had fruit teas in that time.
Prior to fast I had a mug of golden soya milk, tis an acquired taste but after tinkering with the recipe slightly I find it yummy.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
umm normal - didn't feel it which was why I was a bit surprised this morning.

I start to go Hypo at 3.8 and unless I eat something Quick - it falls very fast.
Thank You @Freema taking my Low Fat 'Liver' Diet sensibly 2 nd time around. And have reduced my Insulin from 46 total daily units down to 34 total units a day in 2 weeks. It was all the Morphine and Pain Relief Tablets sending my fasting numbers up. :)

fiona.ziggy

Mine was 9.2, i'd like it to be nearer 5. I've just started on insulin and am only on a small amount at the moment. Hopefully when the DSN and I get the levels right my BGs will improve :D
I have just started insulin too , my fasting levels in morning are going between 5.7 and 7 , nut am having a problem with my reading before dinner - what dose to increase - morning one or the one at dinner - confused

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
6.6, but only because I tested at 3am and took a correction dose when it started climbing past 7.7. I usually wake up anywhere between 6.5-7.5 since starting bolus/basal full time.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to increase my basal because of the dawn phenomenon in the morning, or just put up with the 'higher' fasting values and fixing it with breakfast.

(I've also been dealing with 3 weeks of insomnia though, gonna guess that matters too. :p )