What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
7.6 @5.13. Really struggling with the morning numbers - every time I think they've started coming down, they go right back up, and the rise between waking and breakfast is not going away either. Have tried eating something small late in the evening and also tried eating something fatty (cheese) just after getting up, but to no avail. Maybe I just have to be patient as my other numbers are all coming down.
Fasting numbers are usually the last to change for people with type 2. I think the just be patient idea is right on track.:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.8 this morning had my highest daytime reading yesterday for over 12 months 11.9 after dinner stayed high for well over 4 hours so in 24 hours have gone from 4.7 to 11.9 and back down to 4.8 making my head spin.:meh:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
22/2 - Morning.

7.7 - :arghh:

(But, removed Butec Transdermal Patch 3 days ago, and been taking 'other' pain relief! Before bed my blood sugar was 6.2)

A

asparagusp

22/2 - Morning.

7.7 - :arghh:

(But, removed Butec Transdermal Patch 3 days ago, and been taking 'other' pain relief! Before bed my blood sugar was 6.2)
It's the unpredictability that gets me Liam. I envy those whose readings are on an even keel, high or low, easier to control.

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
6.6. I was a bit high before bed (8.6) after my bolus had worn off. My app suggested 2 units to correct but I didn't want to overcorrect and stuck to 1. Glad I did, I'm pleased with this. :) Now if only I didn't sleep until noon! Silly body, get back on schedule.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning at 4am my reading was 4.0

ps No idea why it has dropped to 4.0 every day I do exactly the same activity's eat the same meals at the same time and go to bed at the same time, just by way of my experiment,there is no logical reason why it has dropped in to the 4's range:)