What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning everyone
Forgot to test this morning has a quick visit to vets with one of my dogs,she's ok she gets recurring ear infections and they drive her mad with itching,run out of ear drops within date.
Will test later and post it. K

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, I am new. I got my monitor yesterday. My test this morning showed 110. I have only just been diagnosed and my appointment with the diet nurse isn't until the 22nd of his month. Also have an under active thyroid so this should be an interesting ride.
I mainly live on red wine and cheese.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Louisette and welcome to the forum. I assume that reading of 110 is in the hbA1c (IFCC) range? BG monitors usuyally show readings in mmol/L.
If it's 110 HbA1c (IFCC) that is very high. But a lot of us have found that adopting a Low Carbohydrate High Fat (LCHF) approach to eating has reduced our blood sugar levels. Have a read round the threads to see how it works and ask any questions you want to, the people on here are friendly and supportive, and you will get a lot of good advice.
Red wine and cheese are ok btw! :)

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Louisette and welcome to the forum.
Red wine and cheese are ok btw! :)
Hello Prem51 and thanks for he welcome. I am making my way around the forums and have found it to be filled with information and advice. I have even downloaded a low carb diet that I can make a start on before seeing the diet nurse. High fat seems contra- intuitive but I am reading about the science of it. Strawberries and cream for breky -yum!
So glad that red wine and cheese are still on the menu. :)