What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
You might want to try some resistance exercise maybe with dumbbells, focused 5 mins with good form could make a significant percentage difference.
`i'll give something like that a go. 7 weeks ago I had an inguinal hernia op so want to ease into anything with weights but I get you drift and will try to add something into the day. Thanks for your thoughts, they are very welcome

D

debrasue

I was diagnosed only a week ago and I feel overwhelmed as well as starving - have no idea what to eat to actually feel feel remotely full? My reading earlier was 14.9 it's terrifying me but feel lost as where to start to help myself - I desperately need a shopping list
See my reply in the Type 2 Life thread...
Hugs x

Reactions: Cumberland

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Hammer1964 since being diagnosed several years ago I have never had good fasting bg numbers. On average they were higher than my 2 hour post prandial readings.

Since cutting carbs, fasting and IF, my fasting numbers have come down. The last spike was due to an indulgence of ice cream.
Today's fasting bg was 7.3. 2 hours after bacon and eggs I was 6.2.
Yeah, I think I've got control of my bg now.
Will I indulge again? **** right I will! I just have to make sure it is only occasionally and not an ongoing thing.

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
@Hammer1964 since being diagnosed several years ago I have never had good fasting bg numbers. On average they were higher than my 2 hour post prandial readings.

Since cutting carbs, fasting and IF, my fasting numbers have come down. The last spike was due to an indulgence of ice cream.
Today's fasting bg was 7.3. 2 hours after bacon and eggs I was 6.2.
Yeah, I think I've got control of my bg now.
Will I indulge again? **** right I will! I just have to make sure it is only occasionally and not an ongoing thing.

Troubled1, we all like to indulge, mime is dark chocolate biscuits but as long as we are in control, know what we are doing and not in denial then go for it - occasionally is not going to harm.