What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Virginia2018

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

I am going to advise that this thread is not for the faint-hearted. If you feel you can post your morning BS then feel free but do not lets turn this into members feeling bad because they dont achieve similar figures and not "having a go" because we all work at different levels and what works for you may not work for someone else.

PLEASE remember that it is about just keeping in touch...... not comparing!

Josie

Virginia2018

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed only a week ago and I feel overwhelmed as well as starving - have no idea what to eat to actually feel feel remotely full? My reading earlier was 14.9 it's terrifying me but feel lost as where to start to help myself - I desperately need a shopping list

Reactions: Cumberland

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed only a week ago and I feel overwhelmed as well as starving - have no idea what to eat to actually feel feel remotely full? My reading earlier was 14.9 it's terrifying me but feel lost as where to start to help myself - I desperately need a shopping list
See https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb for some ideas of what to eat on a low carb diet which will help you reduce your blood sugars.

Basically, you need to avoid or reduce high carb foods such as breakfast cereals, bread, potatoes, rice, pasta. Also, avoid fruit juice and fruits high in sugar such as bananas and grapes.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @Virginia2018 - I have posted on Type2life some information and tagged daisy1 to post on the Thread some information for you.:)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
6.5 this morning, higher than I'd hoped as I havent deviated from a low carb diet and am maintaining good exercise ( 4-5 miles walking per day)
You might want to try some resistance exercise maybe with dumbbells, focused 5 mins with good form could make a significant percentage difference.