What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Hillbark

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
Hi as a newbie found this really interesting- been diagnosed for a couple of years but been really unwell and only diabetic info has been what I've picked up. Collected a repeat script monday and pharmacist called me into his little room as he was concerned about the mix of meds I'm on and couldn't believe I don't test daily. Armed with this I went straight back to gp and finally got a prick test kit Today - heck of a gadget but finally got first reading .... 8.5 !! Trouble is i now need advice as to whether that's good or bad !! Can anyone help with this please?

NewdestinyX

Hi as a newbie found this really interesting- been diagnosed for a couple of years but been really unwell and only diabetic info has been what I've picked up. Collected a repeat script monday and pharmacist called me into his little room as he was concerned about the mix of meds I'm on and couldn't believe I don't test daily. Armed with this I went straight back to gp and finally got a prick test kit Today - heck of a gadget but finally got first reading .... 8.5 !! Trouble is i now need advice as to whether that's good or bad !! Can anyone help with this please?

Welcome!! Don't be afraid.. this is a very manageable disease.. and an 8.5 is a warning shot across the bow but not as a bad as many of us started with..

But this is not the thread to get you started properly :).. this is a daily number report thread. Why don't you start a new thread in the Introductions section. And I can answer your questions there.. and many others here..

D

debrasue

Hi, welcome to the forum. As @NewdestinyX has said, starting a new thread is the best way to get answers to your questions, and there's lots of help on this forum. Have a browse through and in the meantime I'll tag @daisy1 to send you some information. Good luck on your new journey!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Hillbark. Here, in my signature, is the link to the Basic Information for new members and I hope this will help with your problems about readings. Ask questions (preferably on a new thread) when you need to and someone will be able to help.