What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
WhenI woke today I was 6.1.
Yes, I cheated last night and had ice cream. The crazy thing is that I was 5.3 when I went to bed. Sunrise effect hasn't been so large in a while. I've been working to keep the numbers low, but Hurricane Irma really did a number on my control. 4 days/nights at work and everything to eat was high carb. All the cravings came back. Getting back on track is no fun. Trying to plan better in case another hurricane hits.

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Lets all hope that lot that is brewing off the east coast and Caribbean do not give you problems.
Maria. Yes, I'm watching it and refuse to get out the ladder to take down the second story metal shutters. Some people I work with have vowed not to take theirs down until Christmas. :)

D

Diabeticliberty

Buenos días a todos mi rebaño de canarios bastante diabéticos. This morning I paid for a consultation with the famous clairvoyant Lady With A Pin. In a trance like state she told the way to San Jose. She told me what would win the Grand National horse race in 1986. She also told me that my blood sugars are 3.4mmols. This comes on the back of a doosey of a hypo at 2.00am this morning which has taken a hell of a lot out of me and I have the mother of all headaches. I must away for doggie walking and then it's work, work that dirty 4 letter word. Good day to you all.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have read some of your posts and looked in awe at some of your amazing pictures. You seem far too nice a person for me to take offence at. I fully appreciate your help is perfectly well informed and well intentioned. I appreciate that my waking numbers sometimes look a little silly possibly even dangerous. The thing is though there was a time when it used to take me until late morning to get back ahead of some quite bizarre dawn effect numbers. Playing catch up used to make me permanently hungry and permanently grumpy. At least now I am no longer hungry :)
Nor grumpy:)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Kathleen perhaps I am being impatient but after working so hard all week and doing 1 hour a day exercise (when before I was a couch potato) but we cant have everything I suppose at least for the time being its single BG levels. My problem is I am a very very fussy eater so I am limited to what I eat but I am trying my best going from an all carb diet and no exercise to eating healthy and exercising has given me a completely different outlook on life snd I feel so much better

Thanks for listening x
Feeling better rocks:). The weight will come off. We're all different and it might take time, but it will happen...

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nasty 6.6 this morning not been very well the last few days. Cold now bronchitis and not to go into too much detail but imodium can raise blood sugars too.
Sorry to hear you're poorly honey,:( take care. Hope yo hear you're on the mend soon.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
e03319228bbf2c740e0d72a6fa5d3e1c.jpg
Cycas rumphii, commonly known as queen sago or the queen sago palm in my garden.

5,8 on waking after a stressful day yesterday involving doctor's appointments and tests. Have a few more of these to do but so far so not so terrible.

Usual 5km morning walk brought glucose down to 4,6 mmol/l before breakfast.

Have a great day

Last edited:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WhenI woke today I was 6.1.
Yes, I cheated last night and had ice cream. The crazy thing is that I was 5.3 when I went to bed. Sunrise effect hasn't been so large in a while. I've been working to keep the numbers low, but Hurricane Irma really did a number on my control. 4 days/nights at work and everything to eat was high carb. All the cravings came back. Getting back on track is no fun. Trying to plan better in case another hurricane hits.
Recognising that you've struggled is part of the battle. Don't beat yourself up, a hurricane is one hell of a curve ball to face.. Good luck honey

Reactions: ziggy_w

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Buenos días a todos mi rebaño de canarios bastante diabéticos. This morning I paid for a consultation with the famous clairvoyant Lady With A Pin. In a trance like state she told the way to San Jose. She told me what would win the Grand National horse race in 1986. She also told me that my blood sugars are 3.4mmols. This comes on the back of a doosey of a hypo at 2.00am this morning which has taken a hell of a lot out of me and I have the mother of all headaches. I must away for doggie walking and then it's work, work that dirty 4 letter word. Good day to you all.
Stay safe honey, and cuddle to puppy (name?)

Reactions: Butterfly1960