What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tere hommikust sa oled õnnelik, õnnelik õnnelik diabeetikute lilleseade lastega. This fine September morning I gave been playing a game of diabetic whack a mole. I stuck a quid into the slot and brandishing my mallet the more that I hit had 2.8mmols on its head. It is that time again when I must walk and stick my fingers in my little doggies mouth and remove whatever curious bric a brac and twigs that she can find on our great yomp
Enjoy your puppy:)

Reactions: Butterfly1960

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a5826b6fdd8555f695d50302f488811f.jpg

Good morning all with a photo from the garden - pink nerium oleander, the giant bird of paradise Strelitzia Excelsa, and two kinds of Palms Washingtonia and Arecastrum (from front to back)

Morning level 5,0 (unchanged after my 5km walk) after a poor night's sleep. Went to see my doctor yesterday and he has asked for some further tests to investigate some up normal results in my latest blood analysis. I don't mean to but I always stress when I have anything to do with doctors and hospitals.
️.

Have a great day everyone!
Beautiful piccie. Thankyou

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What to make of it is not particularly complicated. I have said prior to this post that I have had some fairly bumpy rides with some quite daft dawn effect numbers. When I was going through this it used to take me absolutely ages to get back ahead of the curve. No more of that for me thank you very much. My relatively low morning readings are not by accident they are by design. More importantly things work and work well for me. It is however a very fine line to walk and I will not suggest that I do not sometimes find myself up the proverbial creek without means to power my boat. That is why I permanently have fast acting glucose stuffed in my pyjamas and down my bed socks
I apologize if my post offended in any way. It is clear that what you are doing is by design and not by accident. At the end of the day it is your body and you know it best. Personally I would not be able to cope with anything under four. Even low fours have me feeling uncomfortable and I am a T2 on metformin only so with little risk of hypos, and no particularly noticeable dawn effect rises in my glucose levels. So our too experiences are quite dissimilar, which probably accounts for my interest/puzzlement with your posts.

Reactions: JohnEGreen
D

Diabeticliberty

I apologize if my post offended in any way. It is clear that what you are doing is by design and not by accident. At the end of the day it is your body and you know it best. Personally I would not be able to cope with anything under four. Even low fours have me feeling uncomfortable and I am a T2 on metformin only so with little risk of hypos, and no particularly noticeable dawn effect rises in my glucose levels. So our too experiences are quite dissimilar, which probably accounts for my interest/puzzlement with your posts.

I have read some of your posts and looked in awe at some of your amazing pictures. You seem far too nice a person for me to take offence at. I fully appreciate your help is perfectly well informed and well intentioned. I appreciate that my waking numbers sometimes look a little silly possibly even dangerous. The thing is though there was a time when it used to take me until late morning to get back ahead of some quite bizarre dawn effect numbers. Playing catch up used to make me permanently hungry and permanently grumpy. At least now I am no longer hungry :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Back in the fours (4.6) again today -- I laid off the protein a bit, which I had increased for the last week on doctor's orders. Still have to find an optimal balance between protein intake and blood sugar levels.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Lets hope i can keep it up Iv got my head in gear now. Not lost any weight which really surprised me because compared to what I used to eat which was nearly all carbs im now hardly any carbs lots if salad fruit and chicken and eggs myst be going wrong somewhere
Hi I'm so pleased for you, looking at what you eat too much fruit can push your BG up just check on the info daisy1 sent you,I keep fruit to a minimum and berries are better than other fruits,keep your carbs low small amounts of protein but fill up on vegetables plenty greens are the best, veg grown below ground have less carbs than veg. grown above ground. If you go on the home screen on here you will find lots of info on foods, diets, and other help there is so much info on here, you will soon be lower than 8s. Best of luck keep posting look forward to keeping up with your journey. K

mayoburt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm so pleased for you, looking at what you eat too much fruit can push your BG up just check on the info daisy1 sent you,I keep fruit to a minimum and berries are better than other fruits,keep your carbs low small amounts of protein but fill up on vegetables plenty greens are the best, veg grown below ground have less carbs than veg. grown above ground. If you go on the home screen on here you will find lots of info on foods, diets, and other help there is so much info on here, you will soon be lower than 8s. Best of luck keep posting look forward to keeping up with your journey. K

Thanks Kathleen perhaps I am being impatient but after working so hard all week and doing 1 hour a day exercise (when before I was a couch potato) but we cant have everything I suppose at least for the time being its single BG levels. My problem is I am a very very fussy eater so I am limited to what I eat but I am trying my best going from an all carb diet and no exercise to eating healthy and exercising has given me a completely different outlook on life snd I feel so much better

Thanks for listening x