What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.5 at 0745.
I got my annual HbA1c result online - 42. I was hoping to stay under 40, so it's higher than I would have liked, but still better than I have had over the last 5 years. I have become complacent over the last 6 months, and need to take more control again.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well 7.7 this morning ... but I did eat this yesterday:

0E07BA41-B6EB-4BFE-871B-D64AF720EBBE.jpeg

And I enjoyed it!

Was back in the pool at 7am though and now time to get back on track - life as a diabetic has to be about moderation!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @debrasue @ziggy_w @Diabeticliberty @JohnEGreen and others I’ve thanked for lovely birthday wishes.

I had a super day off LCHF, just relaxed and enjoyed the day. We rode the Mail Ride - it’s the old trains that used to carry post under London. Just opened as an attraction and highly recommend it. Fascinating.

Obviously now back firmly on LCHF to get my bloods down from a FBG of 7.7. Just started blood pressure tabs too, I decide there is no point walking around with it too high - so pills but added effort from me so I can ditch the pills in due course.

Have a super Wednesday folks :):):)

D

Diabeticliberty

Im actually pretty damned good myself today apart from this horrible grey weather but hey ho cant have everything enjoy rest of your day mr d ps looking at your bgs r u in hypo mode every morning ?

Well the thing is Lady K my waking numbers are obviously too low to contemplate driving on but not quite hypoglycemic in the true sense of the word. I had a rather extended period of some fairly extreme dawn effect after running myself constantly low for a very long period of time while I was training an awful lot for martial arts tournaments. My body just kind of reacted and dumped really silly lumps of glucose on me first thing in a morning. It took me absolutely loads of trial and error of things to try and counter it and I eventually found one that works for me with consistency. The downside is that I am lower in a morning than some diabetics might feel is appropriate for them. It does however work very well for me. i will confess however that it is not perfect and when it goes a little wrong it goes massively wrong .

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
I got my annual HbA1c result online - 42. I was hoping to stay under 40, so it's higher than I would have liked, but still better than I have had over the last 5 years. I have become complacent over the last 6 months, and need to take more control again.
Hi @Prem51 ..
Well done .. complacent or not that's still an excellent number :happy:

D

Diabeticliberty

If someone suggested to me that I could have a HbA1c of 42 but I would need to eat my own toenails to achieve it then I would do it and come back for seconds. 42 is absolutely fantastic for a diabetic of any type :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It’s easy to become a little complacent, I’ve done it myself. My cholesterol has gone up, and my blood pressure - but amazingly HBA1c is down.

Am sure you know how to get back on track and will be firmly in control again!

And remember 42 is a great result :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning everyone
Late this morning very early appointment at blood dept. at hospital
BG today 6.3
5.9 at bed time night before **** liver dumps!
Got to hospital for blood test today to determine if I have gout, so painful not been sleeping well either.
Only for them to not do it has I told them due to anxiety I chew my gums and lips and the only way to stop it was chewing sugar free gum, which although I'd had nothing else they say it's the flavourings that would not give a true reading.
I could kick myself for just not thinking and popping a piece of gum whilst driving their.
So I'll be back again tomorrow 8.30 ish. Have a good day one and all. K

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6bf2c8f10fd87448c650d36e9e2e0721.jpg

Late checking in today.

Morning sugars 5,7 on waking up then down to 5,2 before breakfast following usual 5k walk.

Went to see my doctor again today to review results of my scan with him and agree way forward.

He is finally happy that cancer is out of the question but still wants to keep an eye on me so I am to take iron supplements and see him again in a month's time with some new blood analysis. Compared to the last month I had the next one should be a stroll in the park.

And you know how fond I am of strolls in the park.

Have a good rest of the day everyone

Pavlos

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone
Late this morning very early appointment at blood dept. at hospital
BG today 6.3
5.9 at bed time night before **** liver dumps!
Got to hospital for blood test today to determine if I have gout, so painful not been sleeping well either.
Only for them to not do it has I told them due to anxiety I chew my gums and lips and the only way to stop it was chewing sugar free gum, which although I'd had nothing else they say it's the flavourings that would not give a true reading.
I could kick myself for just not thinking and popping a piece of gum whilst driving their.
So I'll be back again tomorrow 8.30 ish. Have a good day one and all. K
Frustrating start to the day for you. Hope go better for you tomorrow and you get the wished for outcome from your tests.

Reactions: OrsonKartt