What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s a BG of 5.7 today at 6.30am. it just never ceases to amaze me. Am convinced that “him” up there throws in a wobbly from time to time just to keep me guessing.? One thing about diabetes is that it is never predictable.
Totally agree. I can be completely confounding. I've had times after particular meals when I'm sure it will be up, and visa versa.

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi heavyd nice to see you on here again and BG still doing fine,hope your keeping well, busy season nearly upon us hectic time at run up to Christmas love the Christmas tree and decorating it,I finally start to enjoy Christmas when the shops are finally closed and I can chill out,family all grown up now but they come round at Christmas usually in evening we have a buffet and a glass or two. What do you do at Christmas ? K
Thanks Granny. I usually test my BG twice or thrice in a week so that's why you usually see my post everyday but I read all other post everyday. I know how Christmas is in the UK. The hussle and bustle because I spent some Christmas season there sometimes. Love it there always but will be in my country this year with my brothers coming in from UK and Canada with their families so we going to have a big party and fun. I'm looking forward to it. Always keep cool Granny.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I have a feeling that these bags include a fair bit of root veg. They are very useful tho.

Hi I wouldn't be at all surprised but I will check when I go to Asda again,it's my own fault not checking. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump

Hi Kathleen
I’m feeling ok now
Working longer shifts instead of 8-4 has prob unsettled me due to different times I’m eating

Hope that you are keeping warm and well

I Cumberland a change in working hours can throw you off track I had a friend who's brother in law was type1 he was fine all week getting up at same time and going to work and regularly times of eating, but come weekend he would have a a lie in so up later insulin later and late meals guarantee he was hypo or hyper never sure which is which at weekends. This was a long time ago and people seem to be more aware than they used to be,sadly Roger is no longer with us he was a lovely man. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Granny. I usually test my BG twice or thrice in a week so that's why you usually see my post everyday but I read all other post everyday. I know how Christmas is in the UK. The hussle and bustle because I spent some Christmas season there sometimes. Love it there always but will be in my country this year with my brothers coming in from UK and Canada with their families so we going to have a big party and fun. I'm looking forward to it. Always keep cool Granny.

Hi heavyd that sounds fabulous hope you have a great time with your family,enjoy the break from work chill and you also stay cool. Kathleen

Reactions: ziggy_w and heavyd

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a good day today.

Woke up at 15.1, checked my ketones and they were 1.7. After chatting to my diabetic nurse by text, and sending a picture of the wound in my leg that is being treated, along with stating I had been sweating during the night, she recommended visiting a GP. He took a look and taking into consideration my blood sugar only came down 3mmol from a 4 unit correction, but ketones down to 0.3, said that my wound looked like it had the start of an infection with some celluiotas around the edges.

He has given me a double dose of antibiotics and has said that if the BS does not come down and stay down below 10mmol, ideally at 7mmol, then i should present myself to the hospital to get some treatment with an IV drip.

Currently i'm down to 9.2 after lunch...which I took 2 units of correction. My Levimar to be increased from 10 at night to 12 units. I'm a tad worried i'm going to need to go into hospital this evening or tomorrow unless my bs readings are lower, hopefully won't develop more ketones.

Reactions: Cumberland

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not a good day today.

Woke up at 15.1, checked my ketones and they were 1.7. After chatting to my diabetic nurse by text, and sending a picture of the wound in my leg that is being treated, along with stating I had been sweating during the night, she recommended visiting a GP. He took a look and taking into consideration my blood sugar only came down 3mmol from a 4 unit correction, but ketones down to 0.3, said that my wound looked like it had the start of an infection with some celluiotas around the edges.

He has given me a double dose of antibiotics and has said that if the BS does not come down and stay down below 10mmol, ideally at 7mmol, then i should present myself to the hospital to get some treatment with an IV drip.

Currently i'm down to 9.2 after lunch...which I took 2 units of correction. My Levimar to be increased from 10 at night to 12 units. I'm a tad worried i'm going to need to go into hospital this evening or tomorrow unless my bs readings are lower, hopefully won't develop more ketones.
Take care and get well soon.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not a good day today.

That is an entirely legitimate use of antibiotics. So many prescriptions I see are anything but. Antibiotic resistance is a looming problem

D

Diabeticliberty

That is an entirely legitimate use of antibiotics. So many prescriptions I see are anything but. Antibiotic resistance is a looming problem

A lot of senior doctors are suggesting that it may be a bigger problem than they are able to cope with using technology currently available to them. Scary prospect for all of us

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A lot of senior doctors are suggesting that it may be a bigger problem than they are able to cope with using technology currently available to them. Scary prospect for all of us

Agree totally. Essentially the more an antibiotic is used the more you select those bacteria which are resistant to that antibiotic whose usefulness then drops. If you add to that the lack of new antiobiotics in the pipeline then that is the looming problem facing mankind

Reactions: Granny_grump_

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a good day today.

fingers crossed joe hope bgs settle ;)

Reactions: Granny_grump_