What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

A

asparagusp

Good Morning! Seven consecutive readings from last Sunday to today. The first five having changed 6 units Lantus to the morning. I increased the dosage to 8 units on Thursday and I'm back in the 4s for the last couple of days with no hypo for ten days! - 7.6, 7.8, 6.9, 7.4, 7.9, 4.5, 4.7

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: SWUSA_ and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What should the norm be, I from UK, yesterday feeling dizzy and sick, I'm type 2

Annette53 welcome :)

considering morning blood glucose I think the best numbers are between 3.8 till 5.0 mmols but for a diabetic type 2 the numbers are considered good when in between 4-7 mmol... some scientist in diabetes do think that it ought to be lower (than 5.5mmols), but till now it is accepted when fasting blood glucose is below 7 and seen as controled........ the matter would be that the higher the blood glucose is the more of the bad adding illnesses one will possibly get... like neuropathy and fungus, bad wound healing and heart problems and other kinds of cardiovascular deseases... so for ones own sake it pays to be very strict... but it is not equaly easy for people to get the numbers low enough, but of cause foods like cake and bread and fruits and sweets and potatoes can be avoided if one think of the consequenses.....
many people do feel dizzy when their numbers go down, but that is not the same as the lowering is bad, it is a sign that the body has been used to at too high number and has made that feel normal... As long as you are not under 4mmol´s I think you dont have to worry much unless you do get some medicine that is insuline of is affecting insuline..but maybe good to take it easy when getting numbers down in a hurry

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Fasting level this morning was 70 mg/DL is that good
Time to eat breakfast! That's a little low.
Fasting level this morning was 70 mg/DL is that good

Time to eat breakfast! That's a little low. Most of the people on this forum use the British system. You can get to their numbers by dividing our number by 18. So 70/18= 3.8 . The target range for fasting glucose in people with type 2 is 4 to 7. Are you dieting?

Reactions: Prem51