What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's my English that most people struggle with. More than likely cos I spend the vast majority of my waking hours talking absolute bo@%$#*).

Good diabetic number by way and that comment is not my usual Friday morning low quality jibber jabber :cool:
Bendigedig! :cat: We could set up a Wenglish thread! :confused::wacky::hilarious:
Tidy mun! :singing::cat::hilarious:

D

Diabeticliberty

I'm not coming from or going to Ireland. Last time I went to Ireland it took me about a fortnight to get over it. Pembroke Dock is a different matter. I have a client with an office there. We did a job for him and sent it there by courier. It disappeared without trace. We made him another one and that disappeared too. We made him a third and then all 3 turned up at once. What a spooky place Pembroke Dock is. Please don't get lost or lose your lunch. I expect to see some piccys of it please.

Oh yes I almost forgot enjoy your lunch :)

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not coming from or going to Ireland. Last time I went to Ireland it took me about a fortnight to get over it. Pembroke Dock is a different matter. I have a client with an office there. We did a job for him and sent it there by courier. It disappeared without trace. We made him another one and that disappeared too. We made him a third and then all 3 turned up at once. What a spooky place Pembroke Dock is. Please don't get lost or lose your lunch. I expect to see some piccys of it please.

Oh yes I almost forgot enjoy your lunch :)

Ah, yes! The Bermuda triangle of West Wales!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Not lost ourselves yet! :rolleyes::confused::wacky: perhaps it was the courier service that was slightly confused?!?:clown::confused::wacky::wideyed::rolleyes:
Perhaps someone a bit closer to you might offer you luncheon?! :hungry::cool:

Last edited:
D

Diabeticliberty

Bendigedig! :cat: We could set up a Wenglish thread! :confused::wacky::hilarious:
Tidy mun! :singing::cat::hilarious:

Wenglish it is Madam Butterfly. Me thinks this thread is gonna spiral into some kind of oddball lingo that will have the entire Forum scratching it's head in awe or maybe just scratching it's (insert appropriate word here)

D

Diabeticliberty

Ah, yes! The Bermuda triangle of West Wales!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Not lost ourselves yet! :rolleyes::confused::wacky: perhaps it was the courier service that was slightly confused?!?:clown::confused::wacky::wideyed::rolleyes:
Perhaps someone a bit loser to you might offer you luncheon?! :hungry::cool:

Tomorrow I am going out with my nephew and his girlfriend for food and then back to mine for some crazy, crackpot out there whisky games. If I'm not in A+E on Sunday morning then things didn't get up to their usual high jinx. I am dreading it already

D

Diabeticliberty

I will of course try not to get lost but can't promise too much as I wander when I am quite drunk

D

Deleted member 308541

Wenglish it is Madam Butterfly. Me thinks this thread is gonna spiral into some kind of oddball lingo that will have the entire Forum scratching it's head in awe or maybe just scratching it's (insert appropriate word here)
OK! I promise not to swear in Pitjantjatjara or Tok Pisin then.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
e0242ea5a7b9b65ddbf72f5a41fc4a6f.jpg

Morning star leads the way as I set out on my morning walk even earlier than usual.

These walks are fast becoming my favorite part of the day, magical slightly surreal moments when I can fool myself that I am the only person awake in a city that yet sleeps, the only witness as the curtain of darkness is lifted to once again reveal the world around me, renewed and fresh and full of promise.

Fasting sugars at 4,7 mmol/l today.

Have a great weekend all!

D

Diabeticliberty

Quando la luna incontra il tuo occhio come una grande torta di pizza che è amore. Canto questo cos ti amo tutti. This morning I spun the great diabetic tombola really fast. Closed my eyes, didn't cheat by peeping and drew out a lucky, lucky number and it was 3.3mmols. It's the weekend so no engineering work for me and this weekend no teaching either. How lucky is that? All I need to do is walk my little dawg. The question is though do I walk her or does she walk me? Enjoy your Saturday folks. Do the stuff you really like :)

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
e0242ea5a7b9b65ddbf72f5a41fc4a6f.jpg

Morning star leads the way as I set out on my morning walk even earlier than usual.

These walks are fast becoming my favorite part of the day, magical slightly surreal moments when I can fool myself that I am the only person awake in a city that yet sleeps, the only witness as the curtain of darkness is lifted to once again reveal the world around me, renewed and fresh and full of promise.

Fasting sugars at 4,7 mmol/l today.

Have a great weekend all!
Beautiful @pavlosn !:)
Lovely sight to wake up to!
I still haven't found the reason why my photos upload sideways on the forum!! On my phone they are in correct orientation :confused::wacky::watching::wideyed:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="pavlosn, post: 1567837 These walks are fast becoming my favorite part of the day, magical slightly surreal moments when I can fool myself that I am the only person awake in a city that yet sleeps[/QUOTE]

I love early morning walks too, @pavlosn - living in inner London they give me rare periods of quiet and peace. I’m lucky enough to live within easy walking distance of the Thames. Here’s a shot from my walk a few days ago:

Attachments

• 1C0F043B-F5A9-4763-A19D-C7D6C030BD5F.jpeg
    1C0F043B-F5A9-4763-A19D-C7D6C030BD5F.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 201