What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Morning again! :banghead: at 4.30am
FBG= 5.7
been up far too long now, but wind has dropped a bit and not so violent! :nailbiting::rolleyes:
will have a little lie down.... see if I can have a cat nap :cat:

Morning right back atya Madam Butterfly. May your cat nap dreams be filled with balls of wool, tin foil and many other things that kitty kats quite like MEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWW

D

Diabeticliberty

baps?!? :wacky::confused: perchance to dream via a nap?? ;):cat: Prrrt!!

Predictive text is the bane of my life. That and having to work for a living. Oh yes and lettuce too. A most pointless vegetable that my motor used to make nd eat. Not because it did me any good whatsoever but because she had a mean streak. A proper mother would have let me eat salad made entirely of chocolate

Reactions: Butterfly1960

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for that. Its funny but i hate working in the old imperial system as I find the metric system much easier to understand. Yes I can see this is mg/dl but this old fogey is a mmol/l man.
I test in mg/dl and routinely convert to mmol/l when reporting values on this forum so that I am on the same wavelength with the rest.

I have an app on my phone that does this for me but at any rate the conversion is 18mg/dl corresponds to 1 mmol/l so 90mg/dl is 5 mmol, 99 is 5,5, 108 is 6,117 is 6,5 126 is 7 and so on.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
345347a2d20ef681da539bef2c00c6b7.jpg

Good morning with the sunny yellow nlooms of the Tecoma Sans tree.

Fasting levels at 5,1 mmol/l only down to 5,0 after my usual 5km morning walk.

Took the next step in my recovery masterclass but actually going to the gym yesterday so whatever muscles I do have are feeling the effects today.

Have a great day all!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Predictive text is the bane of my life. That and having to work for a living. Oh yes and lettuce too. A most pointless vegetable that my motor used to make nd eat. Not because it did me any good whatsoever but because she had a mean streak. A proper mother would have let me eat salad made entirely of chocolate
Now that I can relate to!
I became vegetarian at 17 cos of my mum!! I was anaemic and She made me eat raw liver once a week... Wacky weds!!

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,7.7 at 6.30am.?.............still reeling from my confrontation with the receptionist at the health centre yesterday.I explained how I had been in pain for three days and needed a doctors appointment.I was told I could have one in three weeks time!I looked suitably astonished and was told no emergency appointments for the day were left did I consider this an emergency.I was too upset to argue and did my version of a flounce out of the centre!It was that or bursting into tears........I didn't handle it too well did I? Im phoning this morning and hope to speak to a doctor........They are usually fine just the luck of the draw with that particular receptionist.Havnt had a GP appointment for six months,but never had a problem before.Rant over !!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I test in mg/dl and routinely convert to mmol/l when reporting values on this forum so that I am on the same wavelength with the rest.

I have an app on my phone that does this for me but at any rate the conversion is 18mg/dl corresponds to 1 mmol/l so 90mg/dl is 5 mmol, 99 is 5,5, 108 is 6,117 is 6,5 126 is 7 and so on.
Thanks @pavlosn
My meter can do both but got very confused!!