What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

8.2 great party last night but back to bed for me

Good morning Lady K, you can't just say great party and leave it at that. Please tell me about how you were throwing some shapes (down wivda kids speak) and singing really loudly

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A higher than normal fbg 7.9 due to dry garlic bread before bed. I don't know why I ate with hubby. I don't normally. Slept a lot past few days. Household full of cough virus. I've skipped it, so far. :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have seen in my job the levels of service from surgeries day in day out. It seems to be a case of are the surgeries there for the patients or are the patients there for the surgeries.? Take your pick.

Remember in one confrontation with my GP’S practice telling her that the levels of service were deplorable ( sanitised version ). I got no reply. Am surprised to still be on their practice list after that. Maybe the truth struck home.
Yes twenty plus years ago my husband worked with the elderly in Lancaster,the local GPs were brilliant.Now having 'elderly'status ourselves not so good.Different part of the U.K. but I cringe at the way we are expected to beg for appointments when we are caring for each other and elderly friends and trying our best not to be a nuisance.Many oldies like ourselves want to stay healthy and remain independent for as long as possible.

D

Diabeticliberty

Yes twenty plus years ago my husband worked with the elderly in Lancaster,the local GPs were brilliant.Now having 'elderly'status ourselves not so good.Different part of the U.K. but I cringe at the way we are expected to beg for appointments when we are caring for each other and elderly friends and trying our best not to be a nuisance.Many oldies like ourselves want to stay healthy and remain independent for as long as possible.

I have only been with my current practice for about 7 years having changed because the care from my previous doctor who had looked after me for 40 years went really really dreadful. At first the quality of care was a million times better but in 7 years things here are as bad as they were at my other place. I think we are all in some degree of trouble without massive amounts of more financial investment in the NHS.

Reactions: karen8967

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I have only been with my current practice for about 7 years having changed because the care from my previous doctor who had looked after me for 40 years went really really dreadful. At first the quality of care was a million times better but in 7 years things here are as bad as they were at my other place. I think we are all in some degree of trouble without massive amounts of more financial investment in the NHS.
I agree with you Dliberty,there's got to be more investment.:)
Looking at the history of this government Its pretty clear thats not going to happen unless there is a change in the house of commons. . The big question is will we get it from another colour/ flavour of politics? Call me naive but I like to think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967