totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya all,
just interested to see what type 1,s hba1c are :D my last one was 7.2 but should be lower next one as im now on basal bolus :)

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi totsy,

My last HbA1c was in November and a new personal best for me! 4.4%, down from 4.7% in April.
My consultant was a bit freaked out and assumed I must be permanently hypo. The truth is I haven't had a serious hypo for about 3 years now. Low carbs and low insulin doses has worked well for me.

All the best,

fergus

scottishkate

Hiya,

My last result was 6.1 - lowest it's ever been due, like Fergus, to low carbing and low insulin levels. Never felt better in the 19 years I've had diabetes and aiming for a result in the 5's next time :D

Katie.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last one was 5.2%, a little up from the one before of 4.9%, but I've been trying to eliminate hypos during exercise so ate a few more carbs pre exercise.
Don't low carb, but do choose carbs carefully and still weigh them when at home so that I can bolus accurately.

lilibet

First and last hba1c was 7.7
Not too worried, had only been dx 6 weeks when they take it. Hoping for much better at next one in January.Only time I would be happy to see things go downhill :mrgreen:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi diabolical,
I actually wish I hadn't answered this question because we're all very different and its definitely not a competition. I often feel that my 'variety' of type 1 is a bit easier to manage than others. From what I have read I'm lucky be able to function at fairly low levels, no horrendous hypo symptoms. My Bg is also very stable overnight and can risk going to bed at 4.5mmol because I don't have sudden unexplained drops or a huge morning rise.This helps to keep average BS low.

caitycakes1

HBA1C on dx was 13.4. nine weeks later 7.0 and only the last four of those nine weeks was low carb. If my next HBA1C is not in the 5's I am going to scream until I am sick :lol:

Caitycakes x

LizzieP

5.6 today! Not sure how. Quite a fluke, I'd say! Though I will add reducing carbs a bit has helped. :)

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
My son's last Hba1C was 8.7 but he is only 2 years old. I think it should be lower next time as I've got a better night time routine (this includes me not getting much sleep). It is good to hear so many people have very good levels.

dietfizzy

just got my results and it was 6.1 so i am pleased about that as it has come down from 6.9 again not a bad one but pleased x

Geoff

My last HbA1c was 6.1 it's been 6.1 every three months for the last 2 years. How can I get it in to the magic 5's?

goji

My most recent one was 6.4. It's come down from 8 in the summer so I'm quite pleased with that. And I get to take less insulin now.

G :D

malky

my last one was 9.3 i think down for me but nowhere near as low as the rest of you, after 4 years still havent found a regime to lower it significantly of havent been told am doing anything wrong

Katharine

Steven's was 6.3%. Gradually has risen from last year's 5.3% mainly due to dawn phenomenon getting even more strong.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

T2, low-carb, 500mg metfartin' twice a day

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
my last was 6.8... but with 1-3 hypo's a day so it's not entirely accurate.

I've been running higher recently to avoid the hypo's, hoping to go on a pump next year!

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
6.8 was my last one. Am looking forward to my next one, as I've just been introduced to proper carb portion counting. After 3 years of being diagnosed! 'Postcode lottery' as to what care you get.

Definitely putting in more effort myself too - no substitute for a bit of deliberation and thinking about what I'm eating. :D

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
HI, not visited for a while, Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum!
Six months ago while on Lantus an Humalog, my HBA1c was 7.1, since change to Pork Isphane long-acting, sticking with Humalog- result 2 months ago was 6.1. I've since swapped Humalog for Pork Neutral, and confident result will be even lower next time.
I was nervous about changing from Humalog-it is fabulous in action-but my sensible head told me best get off this shxx, and change to REAL insulin. I do have to wait longer to eat, but I have hardly any hypos, pork neutral appears to be more gentle, perhaps natural in action. I thought it would be like Actrapid, as profile is quite similar, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Also if I have an unexpected high,and I take 4-5 units (like I did today when it went up to 14, think I've caught my kid's flu) it came down to normal levels without resulting in a hypo. I'm very surprised but even more impressed! For anyone with any doubts, pork is fabulous, and I've been on "insulin" for 19 years, and never had such good control. Natural is, for me anyway, best.
Jus