What's going on here?

Marzeater

dinner was casserole with a generous helping of potato and yet after 3 hours my BG is 3.2. Feeling **** and well into hypo territory.
If anything I expected to be a bit high.
:? :? :?

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Do you know what your Bg level was immediately before your meal ? Have you lost a lot of weight at all ?

Ken

Marzeater

I never tested before eating and there's been no weight loss. I never 'felt' low before the meal.
It really is an unexpected result.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
OK. Just a theory.

If you were low before the meal then as you are on the max doses of both Met and Glic it is possible that they combined to drop your levels way down, so even though you had the Potato etc which should have pushed your levels upwards the Meds overcame the carbs and kept you low.

I have had a very similar thing happen recently and I found it was due to being over medicated. The Glic in particular can drop you quite a lot, especially in combo with the Met.

Might be worth discussing your medication with your GP if this sort of thing happens often.

Ken