Whats going on!

AlbertoLaidlaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I get very odd reading or at least inconsistent and am unsure as to what is happening. My first reading of the day tends always to be high today at 5.30 am it was 8.1 mmol/l which for me is good. Then 2 hours after breakfast of a protein roll and half an advocado it was 9.8 mmol/l now 5 hours after breakfast its still 9.1 mmol/l. and just about to have some lunch. I have not exercised yet today but neither have I been sedentary.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get very odd reading or at least inconsistent and am unsure as to what is happening. My first reading of the day tends always to be high today at 5.30 am it was 8.1 mmol/l which for me is good. Then 2 hours after breakfast of a protein roll and half an advocado it was 9.8 mmol/l now 5 hours after breakfast its still 9.1 mmol/l. and just about to have some lunch. I have not exercised yet today but neither have I been sedentary.

I'm not sure I understand your concern, Alberto. You have given us readings, but not said where your concern lies.

AlbertoLaidlaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Let me think on I must be loosing it, I am concerned about the irregularity of the readings that I am getting especially an increase after an intake of only approximately 14 grams of carbs.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like you have only been diagnosed a very short while. Sometimes there is variability in results; especially in the morning when many folks find themselves to be less carb tolerant. Other factors that can affect readings are lack of sleep, infection (whether overt or not), exercise, or lack of, stress, the weather, not all carbs react the same and lucky pants being in the wash. :) Clearly that last quip is very tongue in cheek, but sometimes we all get readings we just go "Eh?" to.

In isolation, record this reading, and move on. Try the same brekkers a couple more times and see what happens. As I alluded, not all carbs are equal, and some can eat x food, whereas to thers such a food or ingredient is blood sugar rocket fuel. Sadly, this early period is very "educational".

Stick with it, but don't think if failure. You're very much still in data gathering mode, in my view.

Good luck with it all.