Type 2 What's the current soundtrack to you life ?

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not my band at all for other songs, but this version of Sound of Silence has my emotional spectrum in it. I find that missing in the original version by Simon and Garfunkel.

and failing that is has to be

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And I’ve just realised that perhaps the song titles I have tattooed on me would be good examples of songs that mean the most to me :banghead:
Wondereall by oasis - my first dance song at my wedding

Mr Brightside by the killers - this song is my mom. She made it our family song, if we hear it wherever we are we have to dance and sing. It’s like the law

Indestructible by the four tops - a song my dad once played to me when I was 13 and feeling really low. He told me no matter what he will always be there for me, always love me and that our close bond is completely indestructible.

And yet to be tattooed but on my waiting list is my daughters favourite song - Coldplay & the chainsmokers with ‘something just like this’
Any one of those songs are definite go to’s if ever a pick me up is needed :)

Sorry if rambling- music is a passion of mine. All sorts, all genres, all decades and I am loving this thread!!!!

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
OK. Looks like I'm the odd one. I can listen to anything but my goto is Metallica.

Bang on, Justice for All (album) and I'm good. Or Black, Never, not fussy.

I can shut out the universe to a big guitar solo.

Reactions: jjraak and Emma_369

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get through a lot of music but I've a few go-to albums at the moment so since you asked for my choices right now I'll use a track from each.

Architects - Death Is Not Defeat [Holy Hell]

Bad Wolves - Remember When [Disobey]

Fickle Friends - Hard To Be Myself [You Are Someone Else]

Mike Shinoda - Nothing Makes Sense Anymore [Post Traumatic]

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not my band at all for other songs, but this version of Sound of Silence has my emotional spectrum in it. I find that missing in the original version by Simon and Garfunkel.

and failing that is has to be

You are absolutely spot on with Disturb's cover. Absolutely, gobsmackingly brilliant!
And who among us doesn't have a favourite Queen song? Fabulous choices.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
And the only song I have heard with diabetes in the lyrics......

Reactions: Guzzler

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi all.

Since coming on here my mood has lightened tremendously, thanks to the good advice and camaraderie shown by so many.

But we all have bad days and one of the things that helps me over those humps in life has been music.

Now way am i connoisseur, but i do like music, of many different sorts.

Just curious what other peoples choices are right now.and what were some of the songs in the soundtrack to their lives
at individual times as well...

as in what song takes you back to a certain point OR what songs run through your head to sustain through some more difficult moments.

I'm old enough to remember david dundas and 'My blue jeans' which ran around my head when i was late teens, first motorbike, first real relationship..then onto thin lizzie, the boys are back in town..oh, happy days.

Breaking up of a few relationships left it's musical marks with tracks of my tears smokey robinson, 'Nothing compares to you' sinead o'connor

Later was a lot of the motown classics, then on to pink floyd, supertramp, vangelis..i'm sure we all have loads of our own

Well, since being diagnosed i've taken up running..(poor effort, but one can only try), and the music + bluetooth earphones has been ideal.

Well what brings me to this post, was this morning the misses has been a bit, 'Nippy' with me or so i thought,,maybe i was just feeling sensitive..but i know she has her own crosses to bear and is struggling with menopausal symptoms.

I want to be cool, so bit my tongue, bless her, i know how much the hot sweats etc bother her.
and instead, a song i run to hit a nice little resonance in my mind, and i thought yeah..that's me at the moment.,
Not sure if i can link to youtube, but the song is imagine dragons "Whatever it takes"

Link here if acceptable ?
NB: No inappropriate images or wording, but as always viewer caution is advised.
Imagine dragons

I'd love to hear other peoples choices.
Mine is.... "I AM, WHAT I AM." by Shirley Bassey.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...id-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
when i lost my dad, i was in the worst place of my life,
this among others was something i found most settling.

Aawww bless you. I feel the same, my dear dad died this year aged 94 and it will be my first Christmas without him. When he was in his home my daughter and I went up on Christmas day with presents, I cooked dinner he was always chuffed to bits getting presents. In the care home, Christmas day was so nice ............... any way, back to this wonderful musical thread, to remember my dear dad it would have to be, I belong to Glasgow, and on the day of his funeral I had a Scottish piper playing and we all walked behind the piper ,so when I hear the pipes, I find it hard not to get emotional............

Last edited:

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I want to clear my head, then my goto are Yamato, Wadaiko drummers from Japan. Played loud, has the floor vibrating. (But only when Mrs Typin is out!). Generally though, we have all our music on a NAS drive and play all of the tracks on shuffle, fifty odd years of nostalgia.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Aawww bless you. I feel the same, my dear dad died this year aged 94 and it will be my Christmas without him. When he was in his home my daughter and I went up on Christmas day with presents, I cooked dinner he was always chuffed to bits getting presents. In the care home, Christmas day was so nice ............... any way, back to this wonderful musical thread, to remember my dear dad it would have to be, I belong to Glasgow, and on the day of his funeral I had a Scottish piper playing and we all walked behind the piper ,so when I hear the pipes, I find it hard not to get emotional............

Your sort of reminded me of a Cèilidh at Portree on the Isle of Skye many years ago best party I've ever been to.

This is Skye by Runrig a band that started out on Skye.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Robinredbreast....bless you, too

Thanks for sharing..what a beautiful memory of a sad day, love the sound of pipes.

And loving the thought of his rendition of Glasgow...x

Funny how music can enhance a memory so lovingly.

Lost mum 3 years back, and coming from an Irish background , anything Celtic was normally played at parties.

We had the pogues, fairytale of new york at her wake.

Now I can't hear that without biting back a tear, while smiling and thinking about her. XXX

We lost my older brother last month.
And as he was such an Elvis fan, his kids played Elvis at the reception after.
When suspicious minds came on, they dragged everyone of us up to dance to it...noisy, boisterously, but gloriously appropriate.. I shall treasure that moment forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robinredbreast....bless you, too

Thanks for sharing..what a beautiful memory of a sad day, love the sound of pipes.

And loving the thought of his rendition of Glasgow...x

Funny how music can enhance a memory so lovingly.

Lost mum 3 years back, and coming from an Irish background , anything Celtic was normally played at parties.

We had the pogues, fairytale of new york at her wake.

Now I can't hear that without biting back a tear, while smiling think about her. XXX

We lost my older brother last month.
And as he was such an Elvis fan, his kids played Elvis at the reception after.
When suspicious minds came on, they dragged everyone of us up to dance to it...noisy, boisterously, but gloriously appropriate.. I shall treasure that moment forever.
im going to a pub tonight to watch an exellent elvis tribute act,,, ill raise a glass when he sings it......

Reactions: Pipp

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="Diawara, post: 1937630, member: 472