Qazugc

Im 16. I was diagnosed when i was 15, 2 months ago when i went to the hospital for broken knee surgery and left finding out i ate my way into type 2. I was really upset at first, but decided to take it in my stride and try to get it in remission ( the hba1c test showed that my bs was a 7.8, but also that i didnt have t2 3 months ago. So i could still change it with lifestyle)

Since then, i have been eating healthy and my bs has never gone past 5.4. Im doing really well, so im proud of myself - my bs on average is the same level of someone without diabetes. However, something really confuses me. After 2 months of healthy eating, my family bought me wotsits (they arent very healthy) and i just couldnt resist. During the course of the day i had 3 packs of wotsits, an entire bar of lindt 70% and a Ferrero rocher, bringing my carb xount to around 50g. (I only ate keto lunches and dinners, my snacks were just way off balance). I basically had a cheat day

2 hours after dinner and the last pack of wotsits, i check my blood sugar. Its 4.4. I check again. Its 4.4. Two hours after lunch, it was 4.4 as well. Now im wondering - does wotsits have a really high gi and spike before it goes down, or is my meter just broken?

Im thirsty all the time now, but my bs is always normal so im probably not drinking enough ( i checked with both my bs monitors)

Does anybody know if wotsits makes your glucose levels spike? And if the spike goes down quickly? Will this affect my hb1ac test in a month time? I havent lost much weight yet, so im not in remission. I am so confused

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wotsits do not have a lot going for them for someone who has a metabolic condition.
You should spike quickly after eating a pack, lots of carbs, maize, sugars, flavourings and useless calories.
I would also get your monitor checked as getting three tests the exact same is really unusual, check the date on the test strips.
As you have only been diagnosed, it will be confusing, the best way to learn about what diabetes is all about is to read through some threads on type two, low carb and how we cope with control.
Then Google dietdoctor. This will help with your food choices.
One last thing, what would you call a healthy diet? Give us a daily intake.

Keep safe.

Qazugc

Wotsits do not have a lot going for them for someone who has a metabolic condition.
You should spike quickly after eating a pack, lots of carbs, maize, sugars, flavourings and useless calories.
I would also get your monitor checked as getting three tests the exact same is really unusual, check the date on the test strips.
As you have only been diagnosed, it will be confusing, the best way to learn about what diabetes is all about is to read through some threads on type two, low carb and how we cope with control.
Then Google dietdoctor. This will help with your food choices.
One last thing, what would you call a healthy diet? Give us a daily intake.

Keep safe.[/QUOTE

Thanks for replying! I try to follow a ketogenic Mediterranean diet, which i think probably helped. About 20g carbs or less a day. Does that sound ok? Im nee to all this

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As @Tophat1900 says, check out the link he has left you.

The only other advice I would like you to consider when your monitor is working properly, is test, test, test.
Eat to your meter.

Keep safe