What's the lowest hypo value you're ever had?

ljmercer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And with the right diabetes kit, its amazing how much you can get in your pockets...
Depends on your regime. With the pump I'm on, I need a lot more equipment than most. The Omnipod warrants a lot more to carry around all the time in case a pod fails or alarms...

gavin86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've always been wary of pockets.. sitting on insulin = could get higher than 30degrees.

Besides, when people have a go at my man-bag I get to pull the "how dare you be so insensitive - I've an illness!" card

As for lows, mine is 2.3. Didn't feel too bad, but I'd just taken a nice energising walk.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Depends on your regime. With the pump I'm on, I need a lot more equipment than most. The Omnipod warrants a lot more to carry around all the time in case a pod fails or alarms...
Strikes me as a good argument not to use a pod! All that you really need to carry on non-pod is a syringe and blood testing kit!

Reactions: Type1Bri

ljmercer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Strikes me as a good argument not to use a pod! All that you really need to carry on non-pod is a syringe and blood testing kit!
May strike you as a good argument however the pump systems have many advantages. More baggage is the least of my concerns. It's a subjective element. My preference happens to be pumps.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
May strike you as a good argument however the pump systems have many advantages. More baggage is the least of my concerns. It's a subjective element. My preference happens to be pumps.
It's a discussion for a different topic I feel.

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
When I was in A&E the other week they said I had a reading of 0.9....ill have to remember not to forget I've already taken my insulins!
I've had a 1.6 when I've just managed to help myself.
Was well controlled for 44 or so years until I lost an awful lot of weight (over 10st in 6 months) and now far more sensitive to insulin despite taking around 1/3 of what I was on.

Last edited: