What's the wierdist thing you have eaten when low?

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
I was driving m ybosses car the other day, so no Lucozade in the glove compartment and I had forgotten to bring any Glucose tabs with me. Stuck in traffic and felt a hypo coming on. Desperately scrabbled around looking for some carbs. All I could find were some dog biscuits. Carbs are carbs I guess ;-)

Reactions: 14 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I fed my dogs the bolognese Straight from the big fry pan once when low...it was meant to be our dinner.... Can't say I have actually ate the dogs dinner!,,-lol!,,

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

dbginge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is brilliant, come across scary times where I have had nothing on me the time my sugars go low which makes you panic but luckily a local shop gave me something

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ella's Kitchen make pouches of mushed up fruit for babies with health conscious parents. I was driving the family to a kiddies party one day and had nothing in the car other than my son's emergency supply (i.e. just in case he didn't like the party food). My hypo took priority, and I recovered unbelievably quickly... shows the amount of sugar in those pouches... but it's good, isn't it... all fruit sugar ;)

And what you really want to know... He loved the cake and treats there, so didn't miss the fruit pouch at all.

Reactions: 3 people

petsnponies

I once had to scavenge blackberries off some bramble like some feral person!

I have also eaten dextroxe tablets that I found in my pocket,... they'd been through the wash.

Reactions: 8 people

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetic chocolate that I'd put out of the children's reach. It didn't really help tbh lol

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@petsnponies - I once got caught short and had to scavenge blackberries ... didn't do anything for me :*(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nothing I can say would beat dog biscuits I'm afraid, anyway a close call Tom!!!!

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's not a strange food but it was a strange experience . I was dreaming of toast and jam and I could even smell it, I woke up having a hypo and the toast and jam is my hypo cure when I'm at home

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
Ok, maybe i shouldn't admit this but i once ate a dog biscuit at a party as a bet, it was a bonio and i must say tasted a bit like a digestive. Anyway made a fiver which was a lot if money in those days!!!:p

Reactions: 5 people

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I had major hypo the nite n had to drink 7upa capri sun n a fererri roche, nothing weird

DiaBethic95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me and my boyfriends dad both have type 1 diabetes ... And dogs. So our emergency supply is usually dog treats or dog food haha!
Maybe we should start carrying sweets with us instead of dog treats!? :p