when do you get hypo symptoms????

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
been diagnosed type 1 four weeks today,
on testing bloods before evening meal today i was 3.6!!! which is my lowest reading yet, had no hypo symptoms :( i am a bit worried. Is this normal?
what bg levels do other people start feeling symptoms?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Low 4s, high 3s. That kind of area.

I tested the other day and had a 2.3, felt fine, tested again and was in the 5s. Tested again and was deffo in the 5s. So maybe worth an extra test.

Also, meters are accurate to around 15%, 95% of the time. So you could have been in the 4s.

Trinity_32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish
Usually at about 3 or 4. If my bloods have been running high then I get warnings earlier, at the low 5's

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All my bloods been running at 6-8s at the mo so shocked at this low reading and feeling nothing :(
I'm just wondering at the gradual decrease and which symptoms comes first. I finished work, preppeed meal and started cleaning before settling for the night. I'm just so shocked i felt nothing.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Start to feel something isn't right in the low 4's, lowest I've been in recent months is 3.4 and not been in the 2's for a long long time.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
victoria84 said:
what symtoms come in the 4s?

I generally start to feel hungry and just know that my bg is dropping, this is particularly so if it's with a couple of hours postprandial.

victoria84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
victoria84 said:
what symtoms come in the 4s?

I generally start to feel hungry and just know that my bg is dropping, this is particularly so if it's with a couple of hours postprandial.

ahhh right. just thought i was hungrey coz i hadn't eaten for a few hours..... oooops ill watch for that in future coz one thing i have noticed thinking about it now is that i dont feel hungrey. I think thats due to eating more protein though, thank you noblehead, at least i now know my first sign. Muchly appreciated :thumbup: