When should you stop losing weight?

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Well in January I was told I had Diabetes 2 and to loose weight, well it is now almost three months and well I was
81 Kilos, I am now down to 72kilos, yes my arms and legs are thinner but my waist is just the same. I was told a long time ago I retained liquid and it was the reason I had a large stomach . The Doctor I am under now says I need to reduce it, but well I am becoming more than a little worried as my Eszema has broken out where I have lost the weight.
My question is, as I am new does one have to lose weight or can one stop but keep the carbs and sugar low. Yours Phyden

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It is your body so you don't have to lose weight but it is advantageous and may make it easier to control your blood sugar levels if you do lose the weight around your tummy. I would try running on the spot for 20 mins daily and see if that helps - it worked for me and my abdomen was the first to go down. You need to remove the fat from the liver and pancreas and the only way is to get your liver to burn it off for energy.

Reactions: 2 people

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
It is your body so you don't have to lose weight but it is advantageous and may make it easier to control your blood sugar levels if you do lose the weight around your tummy. I would try running on the spot for 20 mins daily and see if that helps - it worked for me and my abdomen was the first to go down. You need to remove the fat from the liver and pancreas and the only way is to get your liver to burn it off for energy.
Well Andrew, I have problems walking so I cannot walk far but I do use a exercise bike, I started doing 5 miles a day in the mornings but now I am up too five in the morning and 7 in the afternoon, I only have my heels on the pedals, mid you I think this body is knackered, well it had had 83 years:oldman: of over work

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your weight loss and sheer determination!

My partner had a flare up of flaky eczema-like skin problems when he followed a (low carb) weight loss diet. Al the doctor did was suggest E45 cream, which did absolutely nothing.

Took ages for us to track down the cause. It turned out that he needed to cut down on his milk and cheese intake (mildly lactose intolerant) and start taking some omega 3 and 6 supplements. Now his skin looks better than most men of his age, and that endless, incessant itching has completely gone.

No idea if that information will help you, or not!

Reactions: 4 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well Andrew, I have problems walking so I cannot walk far but I do use a exercise bike, I started doing 5 miles a day in the mornings but now I am up too five in the morning and 7 in the afternoon, I only have my heels on the pedals, mid you I think this body is knackered, well it had had 83 years:oldman: of over work
Wow that is impressive. I am surprised if you haven't lost the fat inside already then. When you press your stomach is it all soft and collapses in. You may just have the fat under the skin left which, for some evolutionary reason, seems to be the last to go. I am sure "it" isn't knackered if you can do that much exercise. You will be doing London to Brighton in a year.

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Congratulations on your weight loss and sheer determination!

My partner had a flare up of flaky eczema-like skin problems when he followed a (low carb) weight loss diet. Al the doctor did was suggest E45 cream, which did absolutely nothing.

Took ages for us to track down the cause. It turned out that he needed to cut down on his milk and cheese intake (mildly lactose intolerant) and start taking some omega 3 and 6 supplements. Now his skin looks better than most men of his age, and that endless, incessant itching has completely gone.

No idea if that information will help you, or not![/QUOTE
Thank you for the info, anything is worth a try as it is pure hell in bed as soon as you get warm it starts to itch I wear white cotton gloves in be to stop me scratching , the skin on my hands is so thin that my blood vessels now stand up and the guiders show quite plain.
Thank you for your suggestions.:inpain:

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Yes my belly is rather like a jelly, Ho dear, Talking about Jelly I bought one the other day :hilarious:
E135 protein 5.1 carbs68.9. Ingredients. glucose, fructose syrup. sugar. pork gelatine, citric acid acidity, sodium and colours.
Got any idea what I should do with it?
please no swear words please it is Sunday. ROTFL

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some very nice low sugar jellies - and even better with double cream!

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
:)
I had bought the ready made jellies that have no sugar in but well I fancied adding fruit in to the one I intended making, rather like when we used to make trifles, years gone by, but well I did not tread the back till I got home then found it had all those carbs.

Can we eat double cream? all that fat, yummy it sounds great.
Tonight I cored a large Bramley apple and filled the hole with blueberries then cooked it in the microwave, yes a nice change with the berries

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup, we can eat double cream - and now you've lost all that weight, the odd little treat now and then... :happy:

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
:)
I had bought the ready made jellies that have no sugar in but well I fancied adding fruit in to the one I intended making, rather like when we used to make trifles, years gone by, but well I did not tread the back till I got home then found it had all those carbs.

Can we eat double cream? all that fat, yummy it sounds great.
Tonight I cored a large Bramley apple and filled the hole with blueberries then cooked it in the microwave, yes a nice change with the berries
Yup, we can eat double cream - and now you've lost all that weight, the odd little treat now and then... :happy:

Well at least that is one good piece of news I can have cream, I wonder how you can removed burnt Apple from the Microwave, well it looks more like Ash felt than apple I used every cleaner I got and I cannot move it, yes well I suppose it went with a Bang, and well I tried that but no avail I suppose it is something I will need to take to the tip:arghh: Well I made a promise I would try and get myself more organised, well I mean I only know the house must be clean when the blue carpet changes a odd looking grey;) Well the house work has now got left as well without having my two micros how can I cook, I could go to the pub for lunch, but well how can one resist baked , boiled potatoes Yorkshire pudding with lashing of gravy and spotted **** or cheese cake with added ice cream, Ho! heck just the thought can put me into a double Hypo

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yorkshire Puddings are much better with butter and sugar rather than gravy! Yum yum. I think they are the thing I miss most.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Yorkshire Puddings are much better with butter and sugar rather than gravy! Yum yum. I think they are the thing I miss most.
Isn't that also known as a pancake ?

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't that also known as a pancake ?

Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

NO! A proper homemade Yorkshire Pudding, beautifully risen. As the name suggests, they should be eaten as a pudding. If you weren't diabetic I would say "try one" ;)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
YUM, no more please, I've had 6 already

piciprU8u.jpg

Yorkshire+Pudding+2.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
YUM, no more please, I've had 6 already

piciprU8u.jpg

Yorkshire+Pudding+2.jpg
In the area where I was brought up, Cambridgeshire, Yorkshire puddings are baked under the dripping and eaten as a first course. This Is to fill people up as meat is/was expensive and less meat was therefore eaten with the main course. Less of anything actually was eaten. BTW I love Yorkshire puddings.

Reactions: 3 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Re the burnt apple, if you put a bowl of water in and microwave that then the steam will help shift the sticky bits.

You might need to do it a couple of times but it should help.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I have read that lemon juice in a bowl of water, as Serena suggests, is also good.

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Re the burnt apple, if you put a bowl of water in and microwave that then the steam will help shift the sticky bits.

You might need to do it a couple of times but it should help.

Hi the lady next door told me to use my steam gun, I loaned it to her to clean her tiles in the bathroom, Just shows how you buy something and new try to do something different, but well I wrote your suggestions down to try, I put it in my Don't know book, Thank you Serener for your suggestions, yes it is clean now so I am back to cooking nice meals, As to Yorkshire Puddings well years ago when I was just a squib Mother made them in a big cooking tin and we fought over the corners, well they was crispy, well in the war we got 1/9pence worth of meat each per week. Sunday was the joint, Monday
stew and Tuesday well it was soup but well bits of the meat was kept for dad, and yes if we was lucky and we queued we could buy horse meat
or wale meat, Even Potatoes was rationed, funny now we are diabetes we are told we should not eat them.
It was great when Mum cooked the joint as well we got dripping it was great going to school with a slab of bread white of course and the nice dripping smeared on and off, Better still if it was Pork.
Yes you could call them the good old days, no one said food was bad for us then, our dads grew Parsnips carrots potatoes and white pot turnips in our tiny garden it helped us lads to grow big, LOL now look at us we have to lose weight as we are eating the wrong foods and to much, Bring back the good old days when there was no added things in our food, you did not get enough to save it or let it go off nor tell your Mum you do not like red food, well you got sent to bed with out your tea.

Well I suppose I better get the rabbit food out and my dish water called soup read it will soon be lunch time then if the grass is dry I can cut the lawn.

bye for now, thank you for the help, Yours Phyden

Reactions: 8 people