Where can I buy lancets?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545366
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 545366

Please could someone tell me where I can buy lancets to fit the device that comes with the Gluco Navii?
I bought some from Home Health which were meant to fit, have just discovered that they are not the ones they had advertised, different colour and too big to fit. They have sent me a link to the ones I supposedly need, but the link is to the ones I bought.

I don't want to keep buying the wrong ones and have had no response from them about whether they are the correct ones or the same as the ones I already have.

Is there somewhere I can order the correct ones please? The ones I was sent are bright green and thicker).

pic.jpg

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 54

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy all my supplies from Spirit Healthcare. The lancets and the stabber are the same design as you show - the lancets are 30 rather than 28G, so you could order from them online.

D

Deleted member 545366

Thank you Resurgam - as I have no knowledge of lancets, please could you explain the difference between 30 and 28g ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Resurgam - as I have no knowledge of lancets, please could you explain the difference between 30 and 28g ?
No - I just looked at the box I have and at the phot you show - the ones I have look the same, and they are blue - and the jabber is the same design.
Maybe the G after the number is the gauge, like for wire, (or knitting needles - on a larger scale).

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's what I like about my Accu-Chek Fastclix lancing device, they only take Fastclix lancet drums, no problems with what to buy.

The best part they are available from any pharmacist, Amazon, etc.

Reactions: TooSweetForMe

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The ‘G’ does stand for gauge, but opposite to how you would think it, the larger the number the smaller the lancet’s gauge!

Edit for clarification action.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The ‘G’ does stand for gauge, but opposite to how you would think it, the larger the number the smaller the lancet’s gauge!

Edit for clarification action.
Shows my age - I was thinking of the old 'English' knitting needle numbers - and of course, English wire gauge is so last century...

Reactions: Rachox

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's what I like about my Accu-Chek Fastclix lancing device, they only take Fastclix lancet drums, no problems with what to buy.

The best part they are available from any pharmacist, Amazon, etc.
I’m with Riva on this the AccuChek Fastclix pen is a much more user friendly way and you don’t even see the blade. Game changer for me.

mummymerle

Try Glucology an excellent diabetic website which provides everything needed to equipped every need you could possibly have very well recommended

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try Glucology an excellent diabetic website which provides everything needed to equipped every need you could possibly have very well recommended
Just had a look at the Australian Glucology shop, they do not have meters , strips, lancets for the main brands.

It's not very good choice for Australian diabetics as it is a non NDSS store as well, so no subsidised supplies.