Where do you get the fibre ??

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
nuts, seeds, lots of salad and veg. Drink lots of water. I have a veg based low carb soup for lunch most days.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm the same... trying to please a number of ailments is hard work isn't it.
Me too. So many people think it’s easy and just eat low carb. Only in my dreams. Food intolerance. Digestive issue. Pain in the rump. I would LOVE to eat loads of veggies. Only small amounts of certain ones at a time. Romaine lettuce is one of the worst. I’m ok with a Boston lettuce wrap. A little broccoli, brussel sprouts and asp, usually a few mushrooms.

Very little dairy. None would be best. Nuts in small amounts. Good thing I’m ok with butter, mayo, avo or where would I get fat.

It’s the cellulose that’s the worst. Constipates me too.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lots and lots of fluids is important to. I find that i need more fluids now i am low carbing than i did before. I dont know why.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Jared1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Re LCHF diet :-

Really concerned I'm not getting enough (any ?) fibre.

Where are the main sources of fibre that you can eat every day and wont send your blood sugar through the roof ?
@tubamanandy, I eat about 20g carb a day - I just found "konjac noodles "cause also keeping my calories low to.

Here's a extract from the web site and a link for more info-seem pretty bloody good if want fiber!

" Konjac noodles ARE everything they claim – there's no fat, no carbs, no protein, just fibre. And only 44 kilojoules (6 to 10 calories) per 100 grams"

https://foodwatch.com.au/reviews/item/product-review.html

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
chia seeds, flax seeds etc in a greek yogurt works for me

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too. So many people think it’s easy and just eat low carb. Only in my dreams. Food intolerance. Digestive issue. Pain in the rump. I would LOVE to eat loads of veggies. Only small amounts of certain ones at a time. Romaine lettuce is one of the worst. I’m ok with a Boston lettuce wrap. A little broccoli, brussel sprouts and asp, usually a few mushrooms.

Very little dairy. None would be best. Nuts in small amounts. Good thing I’m ok with butter, mayo, avo or where would I get fat.

It’s the cellulose that’s the worst. Constipates me too.

You sound like you're having a rough time too :( I have problems with food texture and acidity levels in food. Probably the only food that doesn't cause me pain is carbs but that's not good on my sugar levels. Honestly I'm beginning to think that no food in particular is good as I'm either choking on it or in pain or discomfort somehow from eating. I have an oesophagus that gets water stuck in it... it traps air too and that's why I burp so much. I would love a big juicy steak to eat but I can't eat that anymore either as puts me in pain for days. The smell makes my mouth water though. I have to cook the meat so it is super tender to eat it.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Adding fibre might not actually help constipation at all:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
It doesn’t help me at all. Nor does water.
Strangely the fiber in avocado does help me. And a few nuts. Bit too many nuts and the table turns. Veggies are my big issues. Very sad as I love them all.
For taste, I could live on them. But I need my protein and fat of course

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You sound like you're having a rough time too :( I have problems with food texture and acidity levels in food. Probably the only food that doesn't cause me pain is carbs but that's not good on my sugar levels. Honestly I'm beginning to think that no food in particular is good as I'm either choking on it or in pain or discomfort somehow from eating. I have an oesophagus that gets water stuck in it... it traps air too and that's why I burp so much. I would love a big juicy steak to eat but I can't eat that anymore either as puts me in pain for days. The smell makes my mouth water though. I have to cook the meat so it is super tender to eat it.
The only thing I know works for me is multiple small snack. Low fiber. I seriously make a small lunch and eat through it multiple times. My body hates food lol.
And ewww...if I put anything chewy or stringy in my mouth. Out it comes. I know it’s ll just get hung up somewhere and cause issues.
I’m ok with rare lamb chops. Their more tender than beef I think and I don’t eat loads of it. I generally have it for lunch and pick my way through it.
It’s such a mess and guessing game. Everyday is different.
There have been many days I just don’t want to eat because I know there will be consequences. I do alway ea though as I love food and I need to take insulin every few hours.
Sounds like your troubles would be harder then mine. Hugs.