Where peaceful waters flow

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Nigel......you're sad ! Anything to oblige........ :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks a lot...............I didn't expect anything else!!! :roll:

Nigel

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Summermum said:
Just found this after a busy day, thank-you x

Glad you enjoyed the video! :D

Nigel

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
louiseb said:
thanks for the link i enjoyed listening to that :oops:

No problem louise, pleased there are others on the forum who enjoy good music! :)

Nigel

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Not bad JK, not really my thing though I'm more of a Blueser if truth be known.

I used to play guitar with a couple of Blues Bands heres an MP3 of how we used to sound, a song written by our singer and harp player who now plays with a band called The Cadillac Kings who are still playing round the Blues circuit.

How many supermarket references can be squeezed into a 3 minute song, find out below.

Download MP3 3.87Mb

jaykay

"Special offer ends with your refrigerated heart"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't know why but that line really tickled me.
My musical tastes are really eclectic. I sing with a choir that sings songs from all over the world but our choirmaster loves Gospel and the Blues, so we get a lot of that.
I don't know if music helps me with my mood and emotion because it just 'does' or because I'm musical but then I suppose nearly everyone is musical in one way or another. I love Classical to chill out to and loud anarchic rock when I'm in a bad mood. When I found out I was diabetic, I played Linkin Park on my i-pod for 2 days straight! :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing wrong with Dolly Parton Summermum, she's a very talented singer songwriter.

Many people don't know that she wrote "I Will Always Love You" made famous by Whitney Houston in the film The Bodyguard, just one of the 100's of hit records she has written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4U66RY ... re=related

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Music an ESSENTIAL element of coping for me. I worry about losing my hearing more than my sight...

jaykay

Oh me too Patch! I used to volunteer with a deaf club and know the devastation that loss of hearing can have. Our local mp was a bloke called Jack Ashforth(? I think that was his name) and he used to wear a big badge that said, "I'm not stupid, I'm hard of hearing" because of the way people treated him when he couldn't hear what they said.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
jaykay said:
Oh me too Patch! I used to volunteer with a deaf club and know the devastation that loss of hearing can have. Our local mp was a bloke called Jack Ashforth(? I think that was his name) and he used to wear a big badge that said, "I'm not stupid, I'm hard of hearing" because of the way people treated him when he couldn't hear what they said.

jaykay, I think we are talking about Jack Ashley here who was a Labour MP for Stoke. I am sure Jack wasn't born deaf but lost his hearing later in life, it didn't stop him progressing through the Labour ranks and becoming a major campaigner for the deaf.

Nigel