Who is the fraudster?

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Who on this forum is trying to hack into my account? Thank goodness for the security systems. Ps: I think you are vermin and should stay away from this site! Is there any way the perpetrator can be identified? Get lost, please.

Mart.

(I have an idea who it is as I noticed who was online :) )

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I know nothing about forums(fora) how do you know someone is trying to hack into your account and is it dangerous could it cause a virus on your computer?
CAROL

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How can you tell someone is trying to hack into your account?

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
hale710 said:
How can you tell someone is trying to hack into your account?

It happened to me on a social networking site,my friends reported I was showing on and offline during a time when I was in hospital and was no where near a computer! :x

Hackers and spammers make my blood boil!! :evil:

PS Martwolves..Have you done an Anti malware scan as you may have something called a Z Bot trojan on your hard drive or a root kit which allows spammers to remotely control your computer and try and gain access to your online accounts,probably to spam advertise...Have you spoke to admin here? they should have the IP address's of who has had a go at trying to log in as you.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Mart!

The mods have logs of all ip addresses that connect in and these show the username next to them. So, they might be able to find out who is doing it. Best to PM admin and ask to help trace who it is.

Smidge

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'm worried about safety on here too now..might change my password on a regular basis and not keep myself logged in as I never bother logging out which is probably not a good thing :roll:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only use the app.... I don't have a computer

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
martwolves said:
Who on this forum is trying to hack into my account? Thank goodness for the security systems. Ps: I think you are vermin and should stay away from this site! Is there any way the perpetrator can be identified? Get lost, please.

Mart.

(I have an idea who it is as I noticed who was online :) )

What happened Mart? What is it that makes you think that someone was trying to hack your passward? I cant see how anyone would know that was happening other than as Paul says someone was seen you online while you where definitely not.

Did you simply log on and find that you were logged in as that may happen if you have not logged out and cleared your caches.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
How on earth would this be possible? Your username is there for all to see, but the password isn't. I recently had to change my password and I had to use it when logging on from the main DUK site instead of directly to the forum. There is no way anyone could hit on the right sequence by luck. Have you reported this issue to Giverny?
Lee.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I always stay logged on too. **** - might need to consider logging in and out as well now.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
martwolves said:

Contact the forum Admin if you think your account is being hacked Marty.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too stay logged on and I may continue to do that. One thing I am unclear about is what anyone would gain by hacking into this "account". I can't see why it is worth the trouble since there is no money or possible gain.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Squire Fulwood said:
I too stay logged on and I may continue to do that. One thing I am unclear about is what anyone would gain by hacking into this "account". I can't see why it is worth the trouble since there is no money or possible gain.

Probably spam advertising at a guess.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
No idea TBH as the OP didn't go into any details but that has happened to me on a site called 'Myspace'.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There has been some spam advertising on here but they don't need to hack. The kitchen firm that seems to do it all the time just registers a new ID and twenty minutes later they put the ad on the board.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Ahh..The dreaded kitchens!! :evil: The amount of times I've reported those trolls and as you say..they just re-appear in a flash! :thumbdown:

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Squire Fulwood said:
There has been some spam advertising on here but they don't need to hack. The kitchen firm that seems to do it all the time just registers a new ID and twenty minutes later they put the ad on the board.

they wouldn't be able to do that if every new member had their first few posts moderated before being visible in the forum.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
ALL I got an email in my inbox saying "this is a request to change your password to diabetes.co.uk. If you did not request this, please ignore" or words to that effect. As I'd been out of the house 3 days in a row in Milton Keynes and I'd got no internet access as I'd lost my blackberry. That is all.