Who's going to have a pancake tomorrow...?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Patch said:
I've posted this recipe before - it's unbelievable:

eggs
cream cheese

and that is all. and goes well with bacon and mushrooms as a breakfast pancake.]

I think you'll find thats an omelette Patch :wink:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Might even throw in a few whole roasted hazelnuts... :wink:

(Goddamn - Fererro Roche Pancakes!!!)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
What omelettes? Yes I have been eating them for years :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Careful - they say that egg yolks have cholesterol in them. Any more than 2 a week and you will DEFINITELY have a heart attack.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No matter how you make your pancakes or which filling you choose to go with them, just remember to savour the moment! :D

Nigel

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I often use proper pancakes as a replacement for pasta sheet in cannelloni (well not a replacement really as some of my Italian relatives have made it this way for generations) - its very tasty and really filling.

rosgrech

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I had a couple of buckwheat pancakes (with a drizzle of honey & lime juice) for breakfast this morning and my BG two hours later was 4.8 so I am well pleased with that. It's usually a bit lower than that, when I've had a busy morning, but I don't regard that as too high.

I might do a pancake breakfast more regularly! :lol:

How's everyone else got on today?

Booms

Diabetic son and pancakes

I have an 11 year old son who has Type one diabetes and today he asked about having some pancakes as a treat after his evening meal. Does anyone know what I can put on the pancakes? Would he be OK having honey or sweet freedom, for example?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Surely as a type 1 he can have maple syrup or anything and just take more insulin?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
mehdave said:
Surely as a type 1 he can have maple syrup or anything and just take more insulin?

Technically yes,

But as the syrup is very sugary it may cause a large spike before the insulin has had chance to take effect..

so can be a tricky one really..

Booms said:
I have an 11 year old son who has Type one diabetes and today he asked about having some pancakes as a treat after his evening meal. Does anyone know what I can put on the pancakes? Would he be OK having honey or sweet freedom, for example?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

How about a small bit of icecream and some strawberries and other bits of fruit?

There's no harm in trying anything on the pancakes that he would like, just in moderation. and as mentioned above beware of the spikes before the insulin can take effect.

Theres no reason why he can't have a little treat after dinner, it's all about experimenting with different foods.:)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Just oozing with honey... :twisted:

Attachments

• pancakes.jpg
    pancakes.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,110

Becg

I'm not, i'm going to water aerobics instead :D I'm on a low carb diet and have lost 3st 2lb so far, usually easter i would give up as i would have to have an easter egg but not this year! I even got through Christmas without eating chocolate or any other usual carbs and i hope by next Christmas i'll be a normal weight

I like the idea of the pancake made with ground almonds, i'll have to try that soon!

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I had a couple and shock horror I had a sprinkle of normal sugar on them too. I may have diabetes but it is not going to rule my life 24/7, 365. If that were the case I might as well shoot myself now.

Ali

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Drooling over that picture is the closest I got to pancakes today. The pleasure of posting that picture equalled the pleasure of eating some. I didn't have any :D I knew I'd never be able to
stop :roll: Don't want to start another binge :oops:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I have just had one pancake with a teaspoon of sugar and lemon juice. :)

The second was drizzled with Golden Syrup, lemon juice and a light dusting of sugar. :D

They were both absolutely dleicious and as I haven't had any Golden Syrup for about 2 yrs........the drool factor set in...... :D

I don't care particularly, it's one day and tomorrow.......well it's Wednesday and back to normal. :(

Edit:
The max reading I got after 3 hrs was 9.4 mmol/l. WAY higher than I am used to.......but what the heck ! I enjoyed them and it's not like I am going to do it every day. I don't think I need look for that 'hair shirt' and go off and 'confess' my sin........ :lol: Roll on Easter !! :D