Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Hi all,

Why am I hungry ALL the time?? No matter what I eat I am constantly HUNGRY!!! It’s a struggle for me as I like my food! Always had a good appetite! It’s getting to the point were i dare’nt eat anything in case my blood glucose levels rise!! I am also worried that I am not eating enough. I’ve lost a hell of a lot of weight!

TheSCManiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
type 1 diabetes also stops amylin production, another thing is not being used to running high, high BGs can make you feel hungry, especially if a lack of insulin is causing you to enter ketosis, you can ask your doctor about being prescribed symlin, otherwise, you should get used to it eventually, best of luck to you

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
type 1 diabetes also stops amylin production, another thing is not being used to running high, high BGs can make you feel hungry, especially if a lack of insulin is causing you to enter ketosis, you can ask your doctor about being prescribed symlin, otherwise, you should get used to it eventually, best of luck to you
I hope I get to used to it! I’ve always had a good appetite! But I never used to be constantly HUNGRY!!! Eating just feels like a chore at the moment. Can’t say I enjoy eating as I once did!

• Hug
Reactions: AloeSvea

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
with high bg glucose from food remains in the bloodstream, but does not get to the cells, so they remain hungry and the brain also believes that food is the best way to solve this problem, but the paradox is that without insulin, glucose will not get into the cells, no matter how much you eat and you will lose weight and to want to eat. So everything will be fine when you normalize the dose of insulin, because glucose will finally get from the bloodstream to your cells

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
with high bg glucose from food remains in the bloodstream, but does not get to the cells, so they remain hungry and the brain also believes that food is the best way to solve this problem, but the paradox is that without insulin, glucose will not get into the cells, no matter how much you eat and you will lose weight and to want to eat. So everything will be fine when you normalize the dose of insulin, because glucose will finally get from the bloodstream to your cells
I’m struggling to get my head round all this but thanks!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
I'll try to keep it simple. Look, you usually want to eat when your cells run out of fuel to work (glucose). The brain receives a signal "we need more glucose" and the brain responds "OK, now we will eat and get glucose from food." If a person is healthy, then after digesting food, glucose enters the cells through the blood. Imagine that blood is a fuel depot, and insulin is a delivery service that brings this fuel to the cells. In the case of diabetes, the cells say "brain, we need glucose", the brain as usual says "now we'll eat and you'll get glucose" and fills the warehouse with fuel. But the problem is not that there is no fuel in the warehouse, but that the delivery service is dead. As a result, we get a warehouse with fuel up to the roof, but the cells are still hungry and can't work and they think that the fuel has not been brought to the warehouse, so they continue to ask the brain to send more fuel to the warehouse. That is why hunger is a symptom of hyperglycemia.

The essence of insulin therapy is to send a new delivery service that will transfer fuel from the warehouse to the cells.

Hunger will really pass when your cells are able to receive the glucose that you give them with food. The idea is not to not eat, but to inject enough insulin for the food you ate

Neckarski_94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
I'll try to keep it simple. Look, you usually want to eat when your cells run out of fuel to work (glucose). The brain receives a signal "we need more glucose" and the brain responds "OK, now we will eat and get glucose from food." If a person is healthy, then after digesting food, glucose enters the cells through the blood. Imagine that blood is a fuel depot, and insulin is a delivery service that brings this fuel to the cells. In the case of diabetes, the cells say "brain, we need glucose", the brain as usual says "now we'll eat and you'll get glucose" and fills the warehouse with fuel. But the problem is not that there is no fuel in the warehouse, but that the delivery service is dead. As a result, we get a warehouse with fuel up to the roof, but the cells are still hungry and can't work and they think that the fuel has not been brought to the warehouse, so they continue to ask the brain to send more fuel to the warehouse. That is why hunger is a symptom of hyperglycemia.

The essence of insulin therapy is to send a new delivery service that will transfer fuel from the warehouse to the cells.

Hunger will really pass when your cells are able to receive the glucose that you give them with food. The idea is not to not eat, but to inject enough insulin for the food you ate
I think my brain just about processed that!

saky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I too have polyphagia but I have prediabetes (type 2). I feel very, very hungry 45mins-1hour after eating food high in carbs(bread, lentils).
I began doing carb counting and ate no more than 30g carbs(veggies and nuts) per meal and stopped eating frequently (eating 6 times a day).
My hyperphagia/polyphagia is in control. With intermittent fasting (12:12, 14:10, 16:8), frequent hunger is more regulated.

Below is the link to amylin I found on the net:

Last edited:

peterd0691

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Poor hygeine, loud people , arrogance
I’m struggling to get my head round all this but thanks!
As I understand it the sugar from food can’t be absorbed due to lack of or no insulin, the body needs energy so as it can’t. Access the sugar in the body it attacks the muscle mass to gain a form of energy to feed the energy requirements to run the body hence high blood sugars and weight loos I am type 2 and am affected in the same way and am about to go on insulin to resolve the issue however in a Hgv driver and insulin and Hgv don’t match very well

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too have polyphagia but I have prediabetes (type 2). I feel very, very hungry 45mins-1hour after eating food high in carbs(bread, lentils).
I began doing carb counting and ate no more than 30g carbs(veggies and nuts) per meal and stopped eating frequently (eating 6 times a day).
My hyperphagia/polyphagia is in control. With intermittent fasting (12:12, 14:10, 16:8), frequent hunger is more regulated.

Below is the link to amylin I found on the net:
Do note though that Neckarski_94 is a newly diagnosed Type1 currently on fixed insulin doses, so drastically reducing carbs would likely be quite dangerous and possibly lead to many hypos