Why Can't I Sort Myself Out?!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies if I missed something, but why would it mean you'll be cleaning your oven more often? If throwing away foil doesn't appeal, then 7 smaller Tupperware or clip-top pots would negate that.
I don't think Tupperware can be used in the oven.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think Tupperware can be used in the oven.

Of course not, but the OP didn't want to use foil, so freezing in Tupperware, then transferring to a bow or dish for reheating might be acceptable

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies if I missed something, but why would it mean you'll be cleaning your oven more often? If throwing away foil doesn't appeal, then 7 smaller Tupperware or clip-top pots would negate that.
I would be cleaning my oven more often ( or rather feeling guilty for NOT cleaning it!) because cooking chicken in it would have dirtied it. Tupperware would not answer for freezing chicken portions either because there would be lots of air pockets around the chicken and it would suffer from freezer burn.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'd rather have roast chicken than a pristine oven.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be cleaning my oven more often ( or rather feeling guilty for NOT cleaning it!) because cooking chicken in it would have dirtied it. Tupperware would not answer for freezing chicken portions either because there would be lots of air pockets around the chicken and it would suffer from freezer burn.

As I recall it the OP mentioned she was having to cook every night. My suggestion of cooking a batch of food doesn't suggest long term freezing, and that's not what I had in mind. I sort of imagined the op maybe cooking about 4 pieces of chicken, or whatever, the maybe eating them over a week to 10 days, something like that. I can't imagine there being a massive degradation in that time, even if it was something she fancied considering.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been using lakeland plastics containers for freezing chicken portions, and just about anything else, for decades with no freezer burn.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/in-the-kitchen/food-storage/containers/

Reactions: Geoffno6