Why do I not feel hungary anymore.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Why do I not feel hungary anymore what' the point in eating if I've lost my appetite just don' know why perhaps it' because of my weight I need to loose ECT.

Anyone any ideas @t all.

Diligent500

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Since low carbing I very rarely feel hungry... and on the flip side, I very very rarely feel full after eating.
I now eat to enjoy the food I am eating, as I know I need to eat something.
How's it going with you?

Angela936

Hi to all,

Why do I not feel hungary anymore what' the point in eating if I've lost my appetite just don' know why perhaps it' because of my weight I need to loose ECT.

Anyone any ideas @t all.

Diligent500
I thought it was the Metformin that had reduced my appetite but it might be cutting the carbs, i love my food but since going on meds i have to force myself to eat in the evening just so i can take my meds.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Maybe more goulash (sorry, flippant!).

In my experience, hunger (if you want it!) can be stimulated by exercising just before mealtimes. A brisk one-hour walk should help.

When I started on the low-carb diet (which, initially, was also portion-restricted) I was hungry all the time. Now, one year later, hunger comes and goes and is less intense.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all

Low carb plus metformin plus insulin plus another diabetic med when it arrives from chemist have lost some weight I might add must be eating healthier.

Diligent500.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all

Low carb plus metformin plus insulin plus another diabetic med when it arrives from chemist have lost some weight I might add must be eating healthier.

Diligent500.

Carbs make you hungry, so eating low carb with sufficient fats will stop the hunger. Metformin is an appetite suppressant, so that may also be playing a part.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hi to all,

Anyone any ideas @t all.

Diligent500

You seem to be treating this as a problem.:)

If you need to lose weight and you aren't feeling hungry most of the time then isn't this a bonus?

If you are getting most of your energy from body fat then you won't really need to eat much and you should, I suppose, concentrate on vitamins and minerals either by supplements or eating mainly leafy vegetables. A small amount of protein is needed but not much. Carbohydrates are not needed. Just aim for small tasty meals with lots of nutrients and lots of flavour.