1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Why do I not feel hungary anymore.

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Diligent500, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Diligent500

Diligent500 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi to all,

Why do I not feel hungary anymore what' the point in eating if I've lost my appetite just don' know why perhaps it' because of my weight I need to loose ECT.

Anyone any ideas @t all.

Diligent500

2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Are you eating low carb and higher fat?

3. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Since low carbing I very rarely feel hungry... and on the flip side, I very very rarely feel full after eating.
    I now eat to enjoy the food I am eating, as I know I need to eat something.
    How's it going with you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Angela936

Angela936 · Member

I thought it was the Metformin that had reduced my appetite but it might be cutting the carbs, i love my food but since going on meds i have to force myself to eat in the evening just so i can take my meds.

5. Grateful

Grateful Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Maybe more goulash (sorry, flippant!).

In my experience, hunger (if you want it!) can be stimulated by exercising just before mealtimes. A brisk one-hour walk should help.

When I started on the low-carb diet (which, initially, was also portion-restricted) I was hungry all the time. Now, one year later, hunger comes and goes and is less intense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Diligent500

Diligent500 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi to all

Low carb plus metformin plus insulin plus another diabetic med when it arrives from chemist have lost some weight I might add must be eating healthier.

Diligent500.

7. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

Carbs make you hungry, so eating low carb with sufficient fats will stop the hunger. Metformin is an appetite suppressant, so that may also be playing a part.

8. LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You seem to be treating this as a problem.:)

If you need to lose weight and you aren't feeling hungry most of the time then isn't this a bonus?

If you are getting most of your energy from body fat then you won't really need to eat much and you should, I suppose, concentrate on vitamins and minerals either by supplements or eating mainly leafy vegetables. A small amount of protein is needed but not much. Carbohydrates are not needed. Just aim for small tasty meals with lots of nutrients and lots of flavour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook