Why is the Low Carb programme No Longer Free?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I can only guess that the fee goes toward the costs of running this site and to make contributions towards research?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @serenity648

I signed up ages ago too. Just logged back in and no mention of any cost so maybe a temporary glitch?

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
the price you have quoted is the price for the Type 2 Testing Programme which covers the cost of supplying the requisites for it. This fee is payable quarterly.

I would assume that somewhere along the line as said previously a Cliche

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question is in the title really. Its £29.99 to sign up for it now.

Serenity - I am not privy to the commercial rationale or reason why the Low Carb Prog (LCP) has become a subscribed service, but my understanding is that the subscription relates to a lifetime membership. Longer standing accounts (from before the introduction of a subscription) should continue as they are.

If you are having issues, serenity, then either contact me by PM or email [email protected] and your query can be redirected appropriately.

In either case, please provide your LCP sign up details, to include any user name you chose, plus the email address you used to sign up for the programme. Please do not post any personal information, such as your email address on open forum.

S

serenity648

the price you have quoted is the price for the Type 2 Testing Programme which covers the cost of supplying the requisites for it. This fee is payable quarterly.

I would assume that somewhere along the line as said previously a Cliche
no, that is something else. I am talking about this page: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/
There is no indication on that home page, or the mome page of diabetes.co.uk, or any subsequent pages, of a fee. It only when someone has given their full name, email address and made a password that the page with the Paypal request for money appears. I think that, in the interests of transparency, there should be a clear statement of the charge before people give their detail to create an account.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
no, that is something else. I am talking about this page: https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/
There is no indication on that home page, or the mome page of diabetes.co.uk, or any subsequent pages, of a fee. It only when someone has given their full name, email address and made a password that the page with the Paypal request for money appears. I think that, in the interests of transparency, there should be a clear statement of the charge before people give their detail to create an account.

I am not a member of the low carb programme, but I have often referred posters to it, telling them it is free. It was only recently I was informed by a mod that it is no longer free for new members (old members retain the free bit). It would have been nice if there had been some sort of official notification of the change before any more are told it is free.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Question is in the title really. Its £29.99 to sign up for it now.
You can use this application I think it's free 100% https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fatsecret.android
7256f911c7e5990274fdbfaf3f7171ed.jpg

Reactions: gemma_T1
S

serenity648

Thank you. However I do not have a smart phone of any type, and the Low Carb Programme on here is far more than a list of carbs in food.

I do not have an issue with @DCUKMod charging, although i think the price is a bit steep for people who just want to have a look round to see if its right for them. My issue is that nothing has been mentioned about it no longer being free, not on the forum, or on any of the webpages introducing the low carb programme, until after the person has started to make an account and given personal information.

In fairness, the Mod team are trying their best to sort out for me why I can no longer log in to it.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Thank you. However I do not have a smart phone of any type, and the Low Carb Programme on here is far more than a list of carbs in food.

I do not have an issue with @DCUKMod charging, although i think the price is a bit steep for people who just want to have a look round to see if its right for them. My issue is that nothing has been mentioned about it no longer being free, not on the forum, or on any of the webpages introducing the low carb programme, until after the person has started to make an account and given personal information.

In fairness, the Mod team are trying their best to sort out for me why I can no longer log in to it.
Unfortunately the poor suffer more

In any case the program site you can page through the Internet

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I'm sorry my English not good maybe you are not understand me

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
forgot to ask, as that is a US site, do I add the fibres in or take the fibres out of the total sugars figure to get the right number of carbs? or something else? (told you I was easily confused)
I think he has totally carbs
20dfb2a882432fcbb2935c688bbdf7cd.jpg

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not a member of the low carb programme, but I have often referred posters to it, telling them it is free. It was only recently I was informed by a mod that it is no longer free for new members (old members retain the free bit). It would have been nice if there had been some sort of official notification of the change before any more are told it is free.

It's also worth noting that the link from the low carb forum still says that it's free ! o_O (at least it did a minute or so ago when I checked)