1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by jaykay, Sep 9, 2010.

1. jaykay

jaykay · Well-Known Member

First of all, I don't work for or have any connection with Nintendo! :D But I would like to suggest for people that are having trouble exercising the more obvious ways that they give the Wii a go. My children have always played on it and I found it useful when I needed to exercise but didn't want to go to the gym. Walking bores me, cycling hurts my bottom and swimming gives me tinnitus so I was kind of stuck. However, I have tried several programmes and found that the 'hard' exercise ones give me a good 1/2 hour work out where I burn about 100 calories. I then swap to a dance or gentle sport one for as long as I want or can be bothered. I do this at least 3 times a week and try for more. My fitness levels have certainly improved, as well as flexiblity. The nicest thing is that I can do it in my own time with no-one around to make me feel like I'm being judged. You do have to have the willpower to make yourself do it but I find once the routine is established I don't like missing my 'Wii' time!

2. gefmayhem

gefmayhem · Well-Known Member

My wife and I bought one early in the year and although we haven't used it for a while - kids home from uni laughing at us - it was a bit of fun for the both of us.
    I liked the step class and the hula hoops, however, please be aware that I will now have to silence everyone who has read this.
    My dark secret must never get out.
    :D

3. jaykay

jaykay · Well-Known Member

I throw the children out of the room when I want to play! My hubbie and I have competitions which add a bit of fun. The new games give you a personal trainer and you can log time, weight loss, all sorts of things. A proper use of technology as far as I'm concerned!

4. JKPilsworth

JKPilsworth · Member

When you consider that Wii Fit now seems to be an acceptable piece of equipment for a physio, I am not surprised about the success factor. I just wish that it could somehow scan percentage of body fat.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook