Wii Fit

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Does anyone else use the Wii console to help them get fit?

I use Wii Fit Plus, Exerbeat and a walking game called 'Step to the Beat' in addition to outside walking.

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend some other discs for the Wii that I can use to ring the changes through the winter when the weather is too foul to walk outside.

Thank you :)

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't help with Wii fit recommendations, but perhaps these suggestions will help?

Weather is never too bad to walk outside! "There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing". If there's snow on the ground, I use my nordic skis, bought a long time ago, and not used every year in UK, but great when I can. I can't afford a Wii fit, but don't really want one, although do use it with my nieces when I visit them. What I do it winter for a bit more interest, is go orienteering and geocaching - less undergrowth means fewer scratches and stings on legs when seeking O controls and caches, plus lack of leaves on deciduous trees makes satelite navigation easier for geocaching in woods.

LaughingHyena

I was recently given the personal trainer game as a gift.

There are lots of preset workouts or you can pick from all the activities and make up your own. It is defiantly more workout than game for me though. There are a loads of choices from different stretches, to dance routines and volleyball but I do find they are all short clips designed to be built up together, you can't spend 15 minutes doing a dance routine (well you could but you'd just be doing the same 2 minute one over and over).

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
Thanks for your suggestions :)

I shall look out for the Personal Trainer.

I do walk outside 5 days a week - usually over 5 miles a day - one walk after breakfast and another after lunch. I find that exercise 45 minutes after eating brings my sugar levels down. In addition to that, when my husband is away I fit in 2 dog walks as well during the day. I use the Wii fit in the evenings and also on the 2 days a week that I work I do an hour first thing in the morning to get my exercise in. I've lost 2 st 10lbs since July doing this. I was just curious to see if anyone else uses any other Wii programmes.

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just looked out the wii fit at the weekend (was hidden in a cupboard) and bought batteries. I have done it twice this week so far. I only have the one fitness "game".I think it's the original one-step aerobics, running, hula hooping, skiing and balance tests etc

Would be interested to know of any more good ones. Maybe put it on my Christmas wish list :wink:

byte83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Just Dance games are fun and definetly get you moving. You can get the first game for about £5 so it is affordable. The best workout that I have found is keeping up with my 3yr nephew in one of those big soft play areas, fun and tiring.

abs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Zumba as well it's great fun on wii and hard work.

didie

Dislikes
Zumba is great. I do 35 minutes of it in the morning and it eats up over 4,000 steps.