woohoo i won something!!!

sandymaynard

Hi everybody,
I won something, don't believe it me of all people!
I entered a competion and i won a new blood glucose testing machine! first time i have ever won anything!
I never win anything in a raffle!
Sandy

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Congratulations sandy.
Maybe your luck is changing ? I should buy some lottery tickets if I were you. :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
well done,
i never win anything either,only thing ive ever won is a large box of chocs same day i was diagnosed and very ill :lol:

sandymaynard

My fiancee,
Is a bit shocked as he said that as a surprise for my birthday next month my mum was buying me a new one! Ah well now what do I do?
I can hide that one, and say Thank you! My mum asked what i wanted for my birthday! I answred staright away!
She seemed shocked, As always i said a cuddle and a card that does me! She said you are a strange one, only 33 but you have been like this since a child!
It is nice to get a gift! Even nicer if you don't expect one as i tell her!
Oh totsy so you did not get your choclates, so who ate them? and did they enjoy eating them on your behalf?
I went to visit my mum after she had a op about 3 years ago, i bought her some chocolates, being diabetic and all, i was not at the time, but she was! I sat there and ate the whole bar!
Of course i was thinking of her at the time with the best intentions at heart did not want her to become ill! :lol:
Sandy

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hehe, my three rogues took great pleasure in eating them :D

chocoholic

Well done. I too hope its the first of many wins for you. I've been doing consumer comps. for over 40 years so can vouch that competition prizes really do get won. I'm always trying to persuade friends and family to 'give it a go'.

Trinkwasser

sandymaynard said:
My fiancee,
Is a bit shocked as he said that as a surprise for my birthday next month my mum was buying me a new one! Ah well now what do I do?

If she hasn't bought it yet, ask her for test strips instead?

sandymaynard

Hi trinkwasser
she has already bought it! With extra sticks as well!
So i have phoned her and asked of she could get me a new scarf for winter time! As i need a new one! She seemed okay with that!
Sandy

Trinkwasser

You can never have too many meters! That way when you leave one somewhere you can still test.

I won the football pools once!

It was my turn at the office where I then worked. Everyone else in the syndicate was nearly as delighted as me - until we discovered that the winnings were 1p more than our stake money. Divided between six of us.

I have never gambled since.