Work time snacking

jammer

Hi ppl.

I have a problem that when i'm sitting at my desk in the office i tend to eat/snack and i'm afraid to say it usually sweets ond other evil things.

What can i replace the sweets with thats handy to eat ??

P.S it dosn't have to be sweet tasting stuff, just stuff thats not going to have a great impact on my blood sugar levels

Thanks

Jamie

alliebee

hi there good snackery items are pork scratchings, and pepperoni sticks, these wont raise your readings, or maybe a few almonds, sunflower seeds in moderation, they take ages to chew

Good luck

Elc1112

I know that feeling well! So tempting to reach for the sweets. Not good for the diabetes or the waistline. I've tried to replace with grapes, nuts, sugar free mints etc. Have to admit though, if someone offers me a sweet I find it very hard to say no!

You can get little bags of yoghurt covered fruit flakes from the supermarket. Really nice and good to snack on. Or try some of the reduced fat popcorn. It's quite filli too so you won't need too much.

You've made me want a sweet now. Dammit! ;)

A

Anonymous

I use peanuts - I bring a small pot in every day because if I brought the whole bag I'd eat the whole bag.

I know peanuts are not the best (3.6g carb per 50g) but I like them. Pistachio nuts are better and if you get them in the shells then you're forced to eat them slowly.

jsmbliam

Hi all

I have a problem as I'm also suffering from Coeliac so pork scratchings are a no-no.

I've found some spicy Seabrook and Nando crisps which are good as a snack. They're also healthy as they're gluten-free.

I also get gluten-free biscuits so a couple of those stop any hunger pangs.

mhoggarth

ive started eating weetabix bars. small and individually wrapped, so easy to transport. found it doesnt do much to my levels