Working away and food

goldcraig

I currently work overseas and have meals provided by catering company. Happy days you may think. Absolutely not. Very difficult to manage food as I do not have any input on how it is prepared. I currently have multigrain oatmeal and fruit for breakfast ( made by myself) as without the carbs I cannot run. I aim for 5k 4 times
A week but it's hard to ensure that the caterer can provide "good" foods. I cook my own brown rice and wholewheat pasta to have but its a struggle. My blood Gloucose has come down and gp is happy with my progress but it's a struggle let me tell you....no real point to the post. Just looking to vent a little lol thanks for listening ......

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to let of steam rather than brood on it.

I can sympathise, must be really difficult. I can't really have any carbs without a glucose spike but I occasionally have a large slice of pizza. I eat the topping and leave the base and crust; not as good as eating it all but great to have it anyway. Without knowing where you are it is difficult to advise but I sometimes buy a chicken curry (without rice or leave the rice) and add flax/sunflower seeds or similar to the sauce; I assume that you can't cook vegetables yourself. If you can lentils/other beans or vegetables could be added to the sauce.

Not a lot of help but good luck, you are obviously managing if you Dr is happy with your results.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya, I can't help either but sorry you haven't had more replies yet. Probably better to start a new thread and introduce yourself that way. Anyway, welcome :)