Insulin
I just got my tests yesterday day and it was 14% ...! Im worried now

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What are your blood test results like during the day? Are there times when you go high? What insulin and insulin regime are you on?

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just got my tests yesterday day and it was 14% ...! Im worried now
Yes, I would be worried if my HbA1c was that high. Mine at diagnosis was 10.4%. Are you a type1 or type2, I assume T2? Before we can really comment we need to know more details such as your weight, diet, medication etc. but you definitely need to get advice from your DN or Dr. You will get lots of help here but you really need to be getting professional help and advice to avoid all the nasty complications if your levels remain so high.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi if you are on an insulin regime are you monitoring your blood glucose during the day - it would help to know as much as possible ;)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I would be worried if my HbA1c was that high. Mine at diagnosis was 10.4%. Are you a type1 or type2, I assume T2? Before we can really comment we need to know more details such as your weight, diet, medication etc. but you definitely need to cut your carbs and get advice from your DN or Dr. You will get lots of help here but you really need to be getting professional help and advice to avoid all the nasty complications if your levels remain so high.

Good luck.

@Arab Horse The OP is listed as Type 1 and has posted in the Type 1 forum. Hopefully, he will tell us more.

shezy1437

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yah its type 1 diagnosed in 2012 , i was 75kg and after diabetes it drops to 65-68kg , im using novomix peninsolin(injection) , twice a day 20 units morning and 20 units evening , in 2013 it was ok but now it again not in my control so i was much worried and i dnt belive dr bloody advices they just need their free so thats way i join this group i thought may b i can find some thing better cz u knw we r the affected 1 so we knw better then docs ;)
And thanks everybody for your response i was so glad to find out really :)

shezy1437

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And that time i was 23 when i became diabetic now im 25 i pee alot and also eat alot at morning its ok when i wakeup bt latter it bcm worst....

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It sounds like your blood sugar is high a lot. Do you count carbohydrates? It's easier to keep your blood sugar in the right range if you match your insulin to your food (or your food to your insulin if you are on fixed doses of mixed insulin).

When people are first diagnosed, they can have what's called a honeymoon period when their body is still making some of its own insulin. When this ends, you may need larger doses of insulin as your body is no longer making any insulin.

If I was you, I'd ask your doctor about possibly adjusting your insulin doses to get your control better. You could write down what you eat and your blood test results to show the doctor so they can see what's happening.

iHs

Yah its type 1 diagnosed in 2012 , i was 75kg and after diabetes it drops to 65-68kg , im using novomix peninsolin(injection) , twice a day 20 units morning and 20 units evening , in 2013 it was ok but now it again not in my control so i was much worried and i dnt belive dr bloody advices they just need their free so thats way i join this group i thought may b i can find some thing better cz u knw we r the affected 1 so we knw better then docs ;)
And thanks everybody for your response i was so glad to find out really :)

Hi

Your bg levels will only get better controlled when you adjust the amount of food that you eat (the carbohydrate content) at different times of the day. This will work ok with the twice daily insulin that you are using at present. Ideally, you need to bg test before food and then by adjusting the carb to be eaten, bg test again 2.5hrs later to see if the carb content needs altering again.
If you practice the little but often way of eating food with carb in it, you will be ok with your bg levels. Use the basic rule of using targets like 5-7mmol before a main meal and then 8-10mmol 2.5hrs later. If bg is less than 7.5mmol 2.5hrs after eating food, then eat a small biscuit to make sure that bg doesn't drop too low by the time 4hrs has gone by. Eventually, you will find your own amounts of carb to be eaten yourself using a bg meter and writing the amounts of carb down on paper or in a bg log book. You wont always have to bg test more than 6 times per day once you find the correct amount of carb. I think I only tested about 3-4 but tested a lot more to find the correct amounts of carb that I needed to eat initially and practiced self discipline keeping to the correct carb amounts.

shezy1437

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lost my weight alot if i am able to control my sugar level ,will i gain my weight back ??

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Every body saying carbs bt i dnt knw wt it is ..!
BG, that is short for Blood glucose.

There are three kind of macro nutrients, carbs, protein and fats. Carbs invariably turns into glucose in the blood, as can excess of protein do. Fats are usually safe.

Offensive comment removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

shezy1437

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi if you are on an insulin regime are you monitoring your blood glucose during the day - it would help to know as much as possible ;)
Nop i tested it n start days but then its like phobia so then i stoped testing it u knw its kind of weird testing twice or thrice a day !

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you can test your blood sugar during the day, then you'll have the information you need to improve your blood sugar.

Carbs= carbohydrates - that is, foods like potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, fruit, etc.

As I said, the closer you can match your insulin and food, the better your blood sugar is likely to be :)

Reactions: 2 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tx budy :) i will try my best , i got nice company here tx every 1 !
I'm T2 and test regularly in order to see what food I can have safely. On a very low carb diet and it works for me but then I'm not on insulin. Testing is vital though regardless of type.

Reactions: 2 people