Worried blurry vision !!!!

jammer

Hi every1, startin to get worried now, hears the problem- I am 19 years old and have been a type 1 for 15 of those glorious years :) , I hav to admit that my BS have never been perfect ( always a bit too high), I have glasses that i only need to use when reading. Recently i have had very blurred vision and sore eyes, i knw i need to get my BS down but i don;t thnk this is the problem also i had my retinopathy test done recently (before the blurred vision started) and it was perfect :? Cld do really do with a bit of advice and reasurance :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi jammer,

Raised blood glucose does cause blurred vision, more-so when hyper over a long period of time. I would see your gp about this, as it may be unrelated to your diabetes, so best get checked out.

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I agree with Nigel (who just beat me to it !! :wink: )

Blurred vision can be a symptom of both high AND low blood sugars. From the tone of your post it appears that yours may be high. What are your levels throughout the day ?

Blurred vision can also be symptomatic of many other things, some not Diabetes related. You really need to see your GP or an Opthamologist and get your eyes checked out again to rule out something other than high or low Bg levels.

Ken

jammer

Cheers for the speedy replys Nigel and ken, I am currently workin on getting my BS levels lower( its a slow proccess but its happening), going to get an appointment with my GP so i can rule out any other causes thanx for the help :D