Worried my plasma fasting glucose level

haza9924

Hi, I had my blood taken at the start of the week and just received my results but I'm a bit concerned, My plasma fasting glucose level is : 5.6 ( 3.0 6.0 ) when I had my blood test I didn't no I had to do a fasting so on the morning of the test I had a large cappacino with 2 sugars, and a espresso with no sugar, could this of effected my results ? Thanks :)

pianoman

Hi haza... I'm not sure I understand your concern: your BG is within the normal lab range you gave above (3.0 6.0) -- even though it was not taken after a fast.

I suggest you follow up on the result with the Doctor that ordered it to see if any additional action is required. Good Luck.

haza9924

Thanks pianoman, so do you think my results are ok? and do you think if I hadn't of had a cappacino and espresso on the morning of the test the could of been lower? Thanks again

Tracey69

HI
I wouldn't worry i think you probably would of had a hypo if you hadn't had the two sugars. we all know we shouldn't have sugar but thank god you did. You blood levels are great. my test was 7.7 usually they have been higher. Don't worry.
Take care