Worried non diabetic

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I wonder if you might try a warm bath in the early evening to see if relaxing a bit might help - I suggest nothing added to the water, but perhaps some relaxing music and candles, in a warm bathroom.
As you seem a little underweight maybe more protein and natural fat in the diet - the low fat advice puts a lot of people out of balance, and our brains are fat based - I found that I was far more emotionally fragile and unable to cope when I was put on low fat diets by interfering doctors.
Thank you. I thought I was over weight haha. I'm only 5ft tall and about 8 stone 9 lbs.

I barely ate the 4 weeks i had bad anxiety. I lived off bananas, dates, oat cakes and babybels. I'm now back eating meals this week.

I do need to add protein back into my diet. I went off meat and fish during my anxiety due to the severe nausea. I've not eaten any in 3 weeks or so.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was going by my sister, who is about your height but was maybe 10lb heavier.
Not eating properly probably did not help you cope - during my thirties I went through separation, divorce, several family members dying suddenly, buying two houses and selling one, moving hundreds of miles southwards, marriage - it was a rather hectic time, but I was really into a low carb lifestyle and just coped with it all.

Reactions: jingyd36

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I was going by my sister, who is about your height but was maybe 10lb heavier.
Not eating properly probably did not help you cope - during my thirties I went through separation, divorce, several family members dying suddenly, buying two houses and selling one, moving hundreds of miles southwards, marriage - it was a rather hectic time, but I was really into a low carb lifestyle and just coped with it all.
I will definitely increase my fat and protein.

I just lost my appetite and had such severe nausea I couldn't stomach food for weeks. I had to force feed plain foods. I'm now eating meals so that's good.

Thank you.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
20171123_201410.jpg

8pm on the dot here it is lol. Every night at this time. It wears off but why does it come every night. Nothing all day then 8pm when I'm walking about I feel my feet hot and yup toes and top of feet all red and warm. So strange. As soon as I raise my feet it goes away again.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Perhaps your feet are blushing?:)

Interesting that it is always in the evening. It suggests that your legs and feet may be a bit tired after the long day. Feet have to work quite hard to get the blood back up your legs and sometimes at the end of the day they let a little more blood gather in the feet.

Does cooling your feet (treating the symptoms) work?

Edit: your feet look well cared for and in good condition. The mild blush doesn't look bad in the pictures.

Reactions: Freema and jingyd36

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@jingyd36

It is good that your excellent blood sugar levels and HbA1c are typical for a person without diabetes. Diabetes is all to do with continual high blood sugar readings and high HbAic.

Do you think that the marks on your feet could be pressure marks from your hosiery or shoes?

I am thinking that when your feet are in shoes the blood circulation is restricted and when you take your shoes off the warm blood is enabled to return to the capillaries to cause the effects you are reporting. Even if your shoes are not tight there is still a certain amount of compression taking place during activity.

Reactions: jingyd36

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Perhaps your feet are blushing?:)

Interesting that it is always in the evening. It suggests that your legs and feet may be a bit tired after the long day. Feet have to work quite hard to get the blood back up your legs and sometimes at the end of the day they let a little more blood gather in the feet.

Does cooling your feet (treating the symptoms) work?

Edit: your feet look well cared for and in good condition. The mild blush doesn't look bad in the pictures.
Yes my husband said be wondered if it was because by evening my feet are just tired. He also said maybe as well because it's colder under foot at night that's why they get hot, adjusting to the cold temp.

It's weird how it comes on eveey night about 8pm ish. I start to feel really cold, my feet feel chilly and yet flush. It's also just when I walk about, once I lie on my bed they go back to normal colour. Which stupidly I Googled and it said vascular problem.. Hubby then reminded me if I had a vascular issue it wouldn't just be at night I had symptoms.

It's just very puzzling. Maybe they're just embarrassed lol

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
@jingyd36

It is good that your excellent blood sugar levels and HbA1c are typical for a person without diabetes. Diabetes is all to do with continual high blood sugar readings and high HbAic.

Do you think that the marks on your feet could be pressure marks from your hosiery or shoes?

I am thinking that when your feet are in shoes the blood circulation is restricted and when you take your shoes off the warm blood is enabled to return to the capillaries to cause the effects you are reporting. Even if your shoes are not tight there is still a certain amount of compression taking place during activity.
Thank you.

Well I only wear socks that are loose, fluffy type bed ones. Or loose slip on slippers. It can come on every night even if I'm not wearing anything on them, and I'm bare foot.

The photos I've posted are quite mild, most nights it's like on the photos but some nights it's worse and darker red and more hot. It's strange. It's either the toes and just at top of my feet, they go red and warm or it's like dots and specs of the redness across the toes and tops of my feet. So strange.

Doireallyneedanams

I know this is old but if you ever see this, just know my GP was the same! The hospital actually told me to put in a complaint about him.

Whilst pregnant I had to have a blood test and happened to have a sore throat, when the results came back the GP took it upon himself to call me and ask if I had been feeling sick recently because the marker that was raised was indicative of cancers if not. I freaked out and rang my midwife who got the actual lab to email me - they clearly stated they had noted “no further action” despite the raised marker because it was obvious I had an infection at the time due to my raised WBC.

Another time the same GP, after another “no further action” called me to discuss possible thalassemia. I was 30 at the time and my bloods suggested a thalassemia trait, the lab had said no further action but the GP decided to call me and quiz me. In my panic I asked how we knew it was a thalassemia trait and not thalassemia, he said “You’d be dying right now if you had thalassemia” - again, the hospital reassured me.

The SAME GP saw me when I was suicidal in my 20’s and whilst in hysterical fits of tears, I swore. He said “Don’t swear: there’s a time and place for that!”

My point it, some GP’s are absolutely shocking and have no bedside manner at all. I think they get paid for every patient so they probably try and get us in, more tests etc for the £££

Reactions: Trio1