Worried non diabetic

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello,

I posted here last year and earlier this year about my concerns about diabetes after my GP caused me a lot of anxiety. I hope it's ok I return here to ask some advice please.

I am 38, female, 5ft tall and I weigh about 8.5 stone. I started treatment for an underactive thyroid last May and I also was diagnosed with CFS earlier this year after 18 months of chronic fatigue issues. All of this has led to severe anxiety issues and agoraphobia and more recently a real phobia of tests and health issues which my new Gp has said was brought on from my old GP making me do constant tests that weren't necessary.

My ex GP (he moved to a new surgery) had me repeating tests every 2 months or so, he used to ring me every few weeks suggesting I was possibly diabetic, worrying about my sodium levels as they were low on one test but since fine, worrying me I could have cancer due to my lymphocytes being a tiny bit raised and telling me the hospital wanted me to do more tests. It all broke me and I had a nervous breakdown. My new GP took over and she met my husband as I was just too anxious to deal with a handover appointment. She told my husband it was no wonder I was so anxious and traumatised because the hospital said I didn't require further tests as my lymphocyttes were only 0.7 over range. She also told him my HBA1C has been perfect for 2 years and she had no reason to be concerned. She even said to do a urine test to reassure me, which I did recently and it was fine.

In late 2015 i had some tests done and my HBA1C was 38, 3 months later it was 40. My Gp said it was normal and never mentioned it again. April 2016 the HBA1C was repeated and it was 35. November 2016 it was 35 and in April this year it was 34. I had a random glucose done in November last year at the same time I had the HBA1C and the random glucose was 8.9. I was in a severe panic attack for 4 hours before the test (I have a fear of tests) and I also had just eaten a sugary fruit bar 30 minutes before the test. My GP said it was fine but then in January this year he rung me saying he had been doing some thinking and he thought I was diabetic. My new GP says he was wrong to do that and it's no wonder I was anxious. He kept ringing me asking me to repeat the HBA1C and do another glucose. I broke down crying to him after the third call in March and said ok I will do the HBA1C, which came in at 34 and he still continued to say he wanted to repeat it in 3 months but thankfully he left. My new GP says there is no need as 34 is perfect, one random high glucose is fine as I had eaten just 30 minutes prior and I was in a long panic attack so of course it would be high. She reassured me that my HBA1C was normal and this year it's been normal which shows my levels are not always 8.9 or higher.

Anyway, I put that worry to bed but now it's back. 6 weeks ago I experienced some stress, a relationship in my life broke down. My closest friend started to push me away after a long friendship and it triggered me to have panic attacks and anxiety as I was so upset she was cutting me off and I had no idea why. The panic attacks led to me breaking and I have just had the worst 4 weeks of my life with anxiety. Lots of panic attacks, lack of food and sleep... it all took it's toll. I am now starting to feel much better. I was attacked by my brother in 2012, and my mother and sisters cut me off out of the family as I refused to forgive his violence for the second time. It led to anxiety and depression and I have suffered anxiety since but it's been manageable and therapy did wonders. Then when my health issues began last year with my thyroid and cfs the anxiety returned as did the agoraphobia. The last 4 weeks though were awful as I'd never experienced panic attacks like it. My father in law also had a heart attack and it all just took it's toll. Having no family other than my wonderful husband and 3 children it was tough on us all managing my illness and a close family member ill but we are coming through it.

Then last week I noticed in the evenings when I walked around in bed socks my feet would feel suddenly very hot. I wear these socks during the day with no issues. The 4 weeks of anxiety I was off my feet alot and lucky to do 2000 steps a day but now i am functioning much better and walking about fine. So i put the warm feet down to just walking around more but it was odd it was just at night. Every night from 7pm it hits. I walk about and suddenly I feel my toes are hot and just below the toes on the top of the foot is either red and warm to touch or warm and blotchy red patches. It's so odd. I thought maybe my feet were hot in the socks so I started walking around bare foot and still it happens. I walk about in my bedroom and bathroom and it happens just a simple walk to the loo. My husband says it's just heat as it's much colder now at night and I am worrying over nothing and it's just my health anxiety flaring again. He said warm red feet at night wouldn't worry him, but he is so laid back he's horizontal. As soon as I sit on my bed and have my feet out infront of me on the bed, the redness starts to go within a minute or so.

Last night it hit about 8pm, they were red and warm to touch. One foot was blotchy red just on the toes and the other was red on the toes adn just below them on the top of the foot. I sat down and it started to ease. Later on walking around it didn't come back but some nights it can happen a few times but if i rest all night it doesn't happen at all. It's so strange. Stupidly I googled red, hot blotchy feet and it took me to an anxiety forum where someone said it's a sign of diabetes. Someone else suggested peripheal neuropathy. I panicked and started crying, my diabetes fears my GP caused were back again. My hubby googled and told me to sit and rest. He then said stand on your tip toes for 10 seconds, which I did fine and he said right that's a test for the neuropathy and you were fine. Also you'd have numbness and pain which I don't have at all.

Can anyone reassure me on this? He said he saw nothing about red warm feet just at night with diaebetes and told me off for googling. He also said he can see why I get anxious because my old GP has left me terrified of health issues which has led to health anxiety. It's just typical the 4 weeks of hellish anxiety and panic calms and now my body is giving me symptoms to worry about. I am worn out after the last 4 weeks and my CFS has flared, which I expected it to but now I am worrying have i had type all along and it's not been cfs at all.

Sorry this got so long. I am just feeling so vulenerable right now, I only have my husband and 3 children, my hubbys dad and my dad. I have noone else and I keep crying that my mother has rejected me. I contacted her to tell her I was in a severe anxiety spell and she rejected me. She even found out my lovely father in law had a heart attack and didn't call to offer us support. It's all been very upsetting and so I guess it's normal I am anxious right now. It's been so painful losing my closest friend and having no idea why. I am not saying I am perfect but my husband said I honestly am the sweetest person he knows who would never ever want to upset anyone. I wear my heart on my sleeve so sadly get hurt easily. Again sorry for the long ramble. I should have just said hot, red feet at night.... diabetes? lol!

Thanks again

Ju

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I had a quick online look at hot feet, and it could be almost anything.
This is not reassuring because you then start to worry about all the bad things it might be.
In your case it is probably better not to look.

The general message seems to be that it can happen, especially in the over 50s, when the warm blood from your core flows down into your feet and they overheat. This would tie in with them clearing up if you lie down and raise your feet. Gravity is not longer dragging blood down into your hot feet!

One treatment is to just bathe your feet in cold water. Treat the symptoms. So feet in cold water then lie down and rest them seems to be a good way to go.

Hubby seems to have his head screwed on.:)
He has helped you eliminate neuropathy.
You long term testing (which sounds well over the top) has shown that you don't have diabetes.
So it is probably just something very simple.

I would normally suggest going to the doctor to discuss this, but I understand that this may make things worse for you even though your new doctor sounds pretty decent.

Reactions: jingyd36

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep in mind I'm no doctor, but... My thyroid gland is a mess. And one of the things it can cause is a burning sensation in the soles of your feet. At one point, a few years ago, they got so red and swollen I had to use coldpacks to ease the pain some. Now they're throbbing mildly in the background, I barely notice it really. From what you said about your beautiful HbA1c I'm thinking you're nowhere near diabetic, your former doc did more harm than good, and you should take a breath... And another... Because you'll be okay. You might want to adjust the thyroid medication, but not without consulting your new doc first. Good luck!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm sorry you seem to be going through the mill of late..

It's great you've moved forward with a new GP. Which is a great start...

See your GP. Get referral for counselling on your anxiety..!

Good luck..

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
YOUR NOT DIABETIC on that good news relax no diabetes no complications of diabetes simply not possible. much more important are you getting treatment for your anxiety. until that problem is sorted it will difficult to work out what may be a health issue or a side effect of your anxity Gingey may i ask your age and have you had your hormone levels checked.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
YOUR NOT DIABETIC on that good news relax no diabetes no complications of diabetes simply not possible. much more important are you getting treatment for your anxiety. until that problem is sorted it will difficult to work out what may be a health issue or a side effect of your anxity Gingey may i ask your age and have you had your hormone levels checked.
Thank you Paul

I am 38. No I haven't had my hormones tested, just my thyroid which was last tested 3 months ago.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi,

I'm sorry you seem to be going through the mill of late..

It's great you've moved forward with a new GP. Which is a great start...

See your GP. Get referral for counselling on your anxiety..!

Good luck..
Thank you for your reply.

My new GP is amazing and understands me fully. She said I need time off from doctors unless absolutely necessary. She has gone on maternity until May and has told me to take a break.

I do need therapy again for my anxiety but sadly the NHS it's a 12 month waiting list so I have to go private, I did last time as the wait was too long. It's just difficult before Christmas to afford it.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Keep in mind I'm no doctor, but... My thyroid gland is a mess. And one of the things it can cause is a burning sensation in the soles of your feet. At one point, a few years ago, they got so red and swollen I had to use coldpacks to ease the pain some. Now they're throbbing mildly in the background, I barely notice it really. From what you said about your beautiful HbA1c I'm thinking you're nowhere near diabetic, your former doc did more harm than good, and you should take a breath... And another... Because you'll be okay. You might want to adjust the thyroid medication, but not without consulting your new doc first. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply Jo.

The soles of my feet seem ok, it's just the top, it's quite strange.

Thank you again for replying.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I had a quick online look at hot feet, and it could be almost anything.
This is not reassuring because you then start to worry about all the bad things it might be.
In your case it is probably better not to look.

The general message seems to be that it can happen, especially in the over 50s, when the warm blood from your core flows down into your feet and they overheat. This would tie in with them clearing up if you lie down and raise your feet. Gravity is not longer dragging blood down into your hot feet!

One treatment is to just bathe your feet in cold water. Treat the symptoms. So feet in cold water then lie down and rest them seems to be a good way to go.

Hubby seems to have his head screwed on.:)
He has helped you eliminate neuropathy.
You long term testing (which sounds well over the top) has shown that you don't have diabetes.
So it is probably just something very simple.

I would normally suggest going to the doctor to discuss this, but I understand that this may make things worse for you even though your new doctor sounds pretty decent.
That is reassuring, thank you. I was just so worried after I saw the post where a person said with diabetes this happens at night, it scared me silly. I never Google and it reminded me why lol!

My husband is a star, he knows how to calm me for sure.

Yes my new GP has gone on maternity and she has told me to take a long, much needed break from doctors and tests until she returns in May, unless necessary of course. She says I need a break from it all as it's flared my anxiety badly.

Thank you again for replying to me.

Ju

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
there is so much other than diabetes one can suffer from, your HbA1c is in the normal area and as it is a reliable average of the last 3 month , this is not especially where you should be looking.. if your legs are very read and swollen you need to see a doctor as soon as possible to be sure it is not an servere infection (bacteria-infection ) where you would need and antibiotica to cure your, I had that 3 times before becomming diabetic and got an infection in it on top of the problem , and I didn´t go to see a doctor the first time and had a fewer of 41 degrees celcius, I could have died from it... and was only lucky my body was able to deal with it and beat it..

this was something called rosea pityriasis :
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/pityriasis-rosea-topic-overview#1

many times this is starting on ones legs and feet , but in my case it was my hair area on my head the first time, and the second time it was my forehead and half of my whole face ..you problem might not be anything like it ... but please see your GP even before asking us if anything is swollen and red on your body

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
there is so much other than diabetes one can suffer from, your HbA1c is in the normal area and as it is a reliable average of the last 3 month , this is not especially where you should be looking.. if your legs are very read and swollen you need to see a doctor as soon as possible to be sure it is not an servere infection (bacteria-infection ) where you would need and antibiotica to cure your, I had that 3 times before becomming diabetic and got an infection in it on top of the problem , and I didn´t go to see a doctor the first time and had a fewer of 41 degrees celcius, I could have died from it... and was only lucky my body was able to deal with it and beat it..

this was something called rosea pityriasis :
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/pityriasis-rosea-topic-overview#1

many times this is starting on ones legs and feet , but in my case it was my hair area on my head the first time, and the second time it was my forehead and half of my whole face ..you problem might not be anything like it ... but please see your GP even before asking us if anything is swollen and red on your body
Hello,

Thank you.

My legs aren't swollen or red, during the daytime and when I sit down the redness isn't there, it's just an evening things. It's very strange. If they were red and hot all of the time I'd have rung the GP last week as I'd have been terrified. This is just as I sadi a nightime thing.

I have no swelling at all. It just is the redness and warmth that appears at night when i walk around.

Ju

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time, this must impact your CFS immensely. While you wait for counselling/CBT you could try a couple of things. Firstly, meditation can greatly affect the well being. I sometimes use yoga breathing excercises to calm palpitations that used to scare the bejesus out of me.
Another thing is to keep a mood diary, it somehow helps to write things down and improves your own understanding of how your life can be improved. A practical thing that you can do for your feet is trying to see if there is an enviromental trigger (try 100% cotton socks) such as heavily perfumed creams, soaps etc. If nothing tallys then at least you can rule those things out.
I am a big beleiver in talking therapy before medication and I would advise doing that counselling as soon as you are able. Good luck.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time, this must impact your CFS immensely. While you wait for counselling/CBT you could try a couple of things. Firstly, meditation can greatly affect the well being. I sometimes use yoga breathing excercises to calm palpitations that used to scare the bejesus out of me.
Another thing is to keep a mood diary, it somehow helps to write things down and improves your own understanding of how your life can be improved. A practical thing that you can do for your feet is trying to see if there is an enviromental trigger (try 100% cotton socks) such as heavily perfumed creams, soaps etc. If nothing tallys then at least you can rule those things out.
I am a big beleiver in talking therapy before medication and I would advise doing that counselling as soon as you are able. Good luck.
Thank you for your lovely reply.

In the last 2 weeks I started meditation again and I also have started a mood diary app and yes both are helping. My anxiety has improved a lot from how bad I was the previous 4 weeks. I was literally shaking 24 hours a day with multiple panic attacks, it was hell. Now thank goodness I am far more relaxed but I am now fatigued from 4 weeks of one big panic attack. So yes the cfs has flared, and now the feet thing has started i am an anxious wreck about health all over again and my health worries had calmed so much since the new gp took over ( she's now on maternity)

It's so strange with my feet, they are fine during the day, no marks at all, or heat. Then from say 7pm onwards, when I walk around they get warm, red and blotchy. It triggers my anxiety every night and I often sit crying to hubby which he calms me down from. He always says if it were his feet he probably wouldn't even notice and if he did he wouldn't be worried because it's not constant, its weirdly a nightime thing so it wouldn't concern him. He says it's probably just it's colder at night so my blood vessels react but I have never had this before, even in the winter.

I do want to go back to therapy, I had private therapy before as the NHS wait is so long. It's just so close to Christmas and with 3 children I have to put my needs last until the new year. I shall definitely be returning to therapy though as I have battled on for so long like this and it has helped me in the past after i was attacked.

Thank you for y our reassuring reply.

Julie x

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thank you for your lovely reply.

In the last 2 weeks I started meditation again and I also have started a mood diary app and yes both are helping. My anxiety has improved a lot from how bad I was the previous 4 weeks. I was literally shaking 24 hours a day with multiple panic attacks, it was hell. Now thank goodness I am far more relaxed but I am now fatigued from 4 weeks of one big panic attack. So yes the cfs has flared, and now the feet thing has started i am an anxious wreck about health all over again and my health worries had calmed so much since the new gp took over ( she's now on maternity)

It's so strange with my feet, they are fine during the day, no marks at all, or heat. Then from say 7pm onwards, when I walk around they get warm, red and blotchy. It triggers my anxiety every night and I often sit crying to hubby which he calms me down from. He always says if it were his feet he probably wouldn't even notice and if he did he wouldn't be worried because it's not constant, its weirdly a nightime thing so it wouldn't concern him. He says it's probably just it's colder at night so my blood vessels react but I have never had this before, even in the winter.

I do want to go back to therapy, I had private therapy before as the NHS wait is so long. It's just so close to Christmas and with 3 children I have to put my needs last until the new year. I shall definitely be returning to therapy though as I have battled on for so long like this and it has helped me in the past after i was attacked.

Thank you for y our reassuring reply.

Julie x

Remember too that stress can have a physiological effect. Even when we think that a stressful time is over. I break out in painful boils after a prolonged period of stress and I know that others can have months of psoriasis, headaches, insomnia etc. It takes a while for the mind to heal as well as the body.
Keep looking into a physical cause for your foot problems but don't forget that anxiety will make any ailment worse.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Can I just say - your old GP should have been shot! Appalling behaviour from someone in the medical profession - he obviously had a bee in his bonnet about diabetes which unfortunately you bore the brunt of for some unknown reason. I know this country has a bit of a nanny state to it - but dear me - that just takes it to the extreme! What does the Hippocratic oath say "to do no harm"? He did a great deal of it by his actions which could be construed as harassment in some quarters.

You've had a seriously rough time of it and my heart goes out to you and all your family. Your new GP sounds a sensible soul thankfully and your hubby is definitely your rock. (Being laid back is no bad thing when things like this happen - sometimes you just need someone who is not all het up with emotion to calm the situation down and see outside the bubble that your anxiety puts you into.). Enjoy the fact that after that all the stress and all the tests, you are not diabetic so you do not have to worry about it. I know its difficult to stop worrying about things (my Grandmother could worry about nothing at all!), but you need to take some me time and find a balance after all the stress you have gone through.

Here's hoping you find your happy place soon.:):)

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Remember too that stress can have a physiological effect. Even when we think that a stressful time is over. I break out in painful boils after a prolonged period of stress and I know that others can have months of psoriasis, headaches, insomnia etc. It takes a while for the mind to heal as well as the body.
Keep looking into a physical cause for your foot problems but don't forget that anxiety will make any ailment worse.
Yes my husband has even suggested it could be a stress thing. I just don't see how but then again during my bad 4 weeks of anxiety recently I had horrible hot rushes to my face often so my hubby says it could even happen to my feet lol

It's just odd they're fine all day then at nihjt proper blotchy. I shall try to attach a photo.
20171121_160200.jpg
20171120_191034.jpg

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Can I just say - your old GP should have been shot! Appalling behaviour from someone in the medical profession - he obviously had a bee in his bonnet about diabetes which unfortunately you bore the brunt of for some unknown reason. I know this country has a bit of a nanny state to it - but dear me - that just takes it to the extreme! What does the Hippocratic oath say "to do no harm"? He did a great deal of it by his actions which could be construed as harassment in some quarters.

You've had a seriously rough time of it and my heart goes out to you and all your family. Your new GP sounds a sensible soul thankfully and your hubby is definitely your rock. (Being laid back is no bad thing when things like this happen - sometimes you just need someone who is not all het up with emotion to calm the situation down and see outside the bubble that your anxiety puts you into.). Enjoy the fact that after that all the stress and all the tests, you are not diabetic so you do not have to worry about it. I know its difficult to stop worrying about things (my Grandmother could worry about nothing at all!), but you need to take some me time and find a balance after all the stress you have gone through.

Here's hoping you find your happy place soon.:):)
Thank you

I agree, he caused so much harm. He was a hypochondriac I swear and he inflicted it on me.. I've been a nervous wreck ever since and have developed a phobia of tests and doctors because of him. I literally can't think of anything medical I feel panicky.

I'm just so anxious about my feet incase I need to see a doctor. I attaches a photo to the person above. It can be a bit redder than those photos but I was too afraid to post the picture of it at its worse incase someone scares me lol but they are a typical night of it but last night the redness was a little more widespread. It's fine all day. It's so strange.

Thank you for your kind reply. It's nice someone understands me and doesn't think I'm weird for being so anxious. I've had a lot to cope with the last 5 years since my brother attacked me but for then to go through that hell with my GP was awful. My new GP diagnosed cfs right away and said I was lied to that the haemotologist wanted to run more tests because my lymphocytes were slightly raised. She said I was told the wrong info as the letter states no further action was needed.

The day my old GP was leaving be rung me up and asked me if there was any consultant in the hospital I wanted to be referred to??? I mean, what the heck lol.

Thanks again.

Julie x

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Thank you

The day my old GP was leaving be rung me up and asked me if there was any consultant in the hospital I wanted to be referred to??? I mean, what the heck lol.

Thanks again.

Julie x

Somehow I don't think I'd want anything to do with anyone he would recommend!
I know you said you rarely had time to yourself - what with hubby and the 3 kids, but you need to look after yourself. Even if its just finding a half hour or an hour a day to just chill with nothing to do but relax. Difficult to do I know with the busy lives we all lead - you feel like you are on a treadmill and can't get off! Think hamster!

Find a quiet place to sit or lie down, close your eyes and relax. Clear your mind - try not to think (difficult I know but it gets better with practice). From the bottom of your feet, clench and relax each muscle group, first feet, then legs etc. Someone taught me this years ago and it really does help. I have a hypnotherapy MP3 which I use sometimes when I am feeling stressed - it really does help.

Try to remember that your immune system is very closely tied in with your stress levels. When you are constantly stressed for a long time it plays havoc with your immune system. It may well be that the feet problem is your body's way of telling you to take a chill pill!

Here's hoping you feel better soon.:):). I think we could all do with knowing how to relax like a cat - they make an art form of it! We could do with some pointers from them!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if you might try a warm bath in the early evening to see if relaxing a bit might help - I suggest nothing added to the water, but perhaps some relaxing music and candles, in a warm bathroom.
As you seem a little underweight maybe more protein and natural fat in the diet - the low fat advice puts a lot of people out of balance, and our brains are fat based - I found that I was far more emotionally fragile and unable to cope when I was put on low fat diets by interfering doctors.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Somehow I don't think I'd want anything to do with anyone he would recommend!
I know you said you rarely had time to yourself - what with hubby and the 3 kids, but you need to look after yourself. Even if its just finding a half hour or an hour a day to just chill with nothing to do but relax. Difficult to do I know with the busy lives we all lead - you feel like you are on a treadmill and can't get off! Think hamster!

Find a quiet place to sit or lie down, close your eyes and relax. Clear your mind - try not to think (difficult I know but it gets better with practice). From the bottom of your feet, clench and relax each muscle group, first feet, then legs etc. Someone taught me this years ago and it really does help. I have a hypnotherapy MP3 which I use sometimes when I am feeling stressed - it really does help.

Try to remember that your immune system is very closely tied in with your stress levels. When you are constantly stressed for a long time it plays havoc with your immune system. It may well be that the feet problem is your body's way of telling you to take a chill pill!

Here's hoping you feel better soon.:):). I think we could all do with knowing how to relax like a cat - they make an art form of it! We could do with some pointers from them!
Thank you Nick

Very wise words.

When the children are in school I do my bets to rest. When I had the 4 weeks of crippling anxiety recently I was pretty much bed ridden I was so bad. But it course that wasn't rest as I was anxious all day.with panic attacks. Now thats eased up bit I'm walking about a lot more, I've cooked dinner 3x this week which I couldn't do for 3 weeks when my anxiety was crippling. I'm trying though to rest when the kids are in school but each morning I overdo it and then spend the morning feeling rough.

My kids are 15, 13 and 12, they're all great and help me out when home. When they're in school I'm now trying to rest on my bed as much as I can as I need to recover from the month of anxiety and the stress that put on my body. I'm still not completely over it either. I feel I had a breakdown it was awful and nothing like my normal anxiety. It just broke me. I guess my body could still be calming from all of that stress and anxiety. It felt like my body was consumed by fear, adrenaline and cortisol all day, it was awful and I never thought I'd get out of it. I'm so thankful things are slowly improving.

Thank you for your lovely reply. I shall try the muscle relaxation, I did that once before and it's very relaxing isnt it.

Julie